Finally got the car detailed!!

Cobraluver

Established Member
Finally got a chance to meet up with my friend who details as a side job. He does everything by hand. If anyone lives in Northern Mass or South New Hampshire then i would recommend him. His prices are cheap & if anyone is interested here is his number.. ask for Jake 978-420-8915

Sorry for the bad quality didnt have a camera at the time...and yes thats his Shelby GT500KR(700rwhp) that he detailed also

mms_picture-2.jpg

IMG957392.jpg

IMG956767.jpg

IMG950538.jpg

IMG959366.jpg

IMG956912.jpg

Last edited:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
nice work...looks good

but for $80 bucks im a little wary. a good detail , espeically by hand is a 4 - 6 + hour job. Seems extra cheap

I am curious to hear about what products he uses

03' White Snake

Established Member
nice work...looks good

but for $80 bucks im a little wary. a good detail , espeically by hand is a 4 - 6 + hour job. Seems extra cheap

I am curious to hear about what products he uses

4-6 hrs??? I can spend 10-12 hrs easily using a rotary buffer on my car.

Looks good though.

Cobraluver

Established Member
he first shampoos your car and then uses a 3 step process which consist of compund, polish and then wax and ends up looking like glass and feeling like glass

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
he first shampoos your car and then uses a 3 step process which consist of compund, polish and then wax and ends up looking like glass and feeling like glass

This sounds like the usual Meguiars 3-Step System you can buy at auto parts stores. As others have already said...by hand, your basically wasting your time on the first two "steps." I mean hell....$80 is almost what i charge just to wash, wax and do a general interior on vehicles.

Cobraluver

Established Member
he uses the 3 step meguiars and it usually takes him 5-6 hours to do a car and for the interior he charges an extra $20 which would be $100 instead of $80

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
he uses the 3 step meguiars and it usually takes him 5-6 hours to do a car and for the interior he charges an extra $20 which would be $100 instead of $80

Called it. :banana:

Yeah, that system is really only good for cleaning grime out of paint. If you do that system on a white car that has not been washed in a few years, it will make a huge difference...but so would 99% of the other products out there. It will smooth the paint out, but because the first two steps are abbresive you will induce a lot of marring which the 3rd step fills in quite a bit. Though...$80...for 5-6 hours. wow. Thats a ton of work for minimum wage.

Users who are viewing this thread