Finally got my moto license, now choosing a first beginner bike?

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
well.... i went by a harley store that a friend has been doing business with a long time. guy was cool, not pushy but i i ended up walking away. ended up seeing a few i liked but then rep brought out a dyne low rider. i knew right away i wasn't ready for that. bike was beautiful but i reminded him i was a beginner and it intimidated me, not afraid to be truthful. take it for a spin blah blah, nah man that's too much by for my level right now. well he insisted so we took it out and sure enough i almost dropped it but was able to hold up the weight and catch it. i look back and he's like "least you know you can handle it" llololol
yeah bike was $9k which was way out of my budget. i politely said no and my buddy showed up. he said he knew i wasn't comfy as soon as he pulled up lol

so back t square one, despite what everyone says who has been riding i am not ready for anything crazy like 1500cc bike they had me try lol. i applied for a loan with the iron 883, i got him down to $4600. bike looks cared for and i was able to handle it better i guess because of the weight etc. besides the Dyna isn't what i want. i like the bobber or cafe style bikes a lot so that's what i want. dyne was cool but i wasn't like ohhhhh snap yo.

153775-specterindustries-albums-27236-garage-spikester-picture131397-a_zpsmqnudi3m.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread