Finally got my car on the dyno

94slowbra1

Established Member
Thanks, I’m really looking forward to the switch. What numbers did you make?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
i dont have any numbers. like you it was all remote tuned and i just havent put it on a dyno to see. i may but im trying to make the E switch soon so i can enjoy the boost weather. problem is we dont have e85 anywhere around me so i have to buy it by the 55gal drum. hoping to pick it up next week and start the tuning

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
View attachment 143968293 Octane dyno sheet by Troy, on Flickr

View attachment 1439683Untitled by Troy, on Flickr

Those numbers are really impressive for just 16psi. And look how consistent all three dyno numbers are.

I have a question regarding the dyno runs.....I see 3 runs on this sheet....how much time was there between the runs? Were these consecutive or was there cool down time? The reason I ask because there's been some debate about the depth the TVS puts the IAT2 sensor and it giving possible incorrect high readings....and this could be a signifcant problem especially on pump gas tunes reducing timing at a fast rates

These runs are incredibly consistent for pump gas. Have you modified the depth this sensor sits or is it unmodified?

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Those numbers are really impressive for just 16psi. And look how consistent all three dyno numbers are.

I have a question regarding the dyno runs.....I see 3 runs on this sheet....how much time was there between the runs? Were these consecutive or was there cool down time? The reason I ask because there's been some debate about the depth the TVS puts the IAT2 sensor and it giving possible incorrect high readings....and this could be a signifcant problem especially on pump gas tunes reducing timing at a fast rates

These runs are incredibly consistent for pump gas. Have you modified the depth this sensor sits or is it unmodified?

Those runs were done directly after another with zero cool down time. I do have a killer chiller that was running during the pulls. All three pulls were done within about the span of one minute. I drove the car to the dyno so it was nice and warm then it sat for about an hour waiting to get on the rollers. Id say she was still nice and warm when we started.

I can email whoever the data log if they would like to see for theirself. Kevin is my tuner and i sent him the log with dyno sheet as well.

I am tracking the sensor mod and it looks very promising. I have done no such mod to my car yet.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Those runs were done directly after another with zero cool down time. I do have a killer chiller that was running during the pulls. All three pulls were done within about the span of one minute. I drove the car to the dyno so it was nice and warm then it sat for about an hour waiting to get on the rollers. Id say she was still nice and warm when we started.

I can email whoever the data log if they would like to see for theirself. Kevin is my tuner and i sent him the log with dyno sheet as well.

I am tracking the sensor mod and it looks very promising. I have done no such mod to my car yet.

Thanks for the info, Troy. Extremely impressive setup and she's running like a fine oiled machine.

I would run that by 04sleeper about sharing the complete datalogs.....not sure if there's any proprietory info that could be gleamed from those.

But what might be nice just for the intake temp discussion, maybe just post your IAT2 readings for each run at say 4000, 5000, and 6000 rpm. That would be helpful I would think.

After seeing that dyno sheet.....I'm not sure I would do anything to the sensor! It's obviously not pulling timing.....hell, it looks the last 2 runs are making the most TQ of all! Dayum! Lol. Maybe you will have to revisit the issue after you start spinning it harder for the E85 tune. The 16psi pump gas tune is most certainly keeping the temps in check or it would have been yanking by run 3 for sure

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Thanks for the info, Troy. Extremely impressive setup and she's running like a fine oiled machine.

I would run that by 04sleeper about sharing the complete datalogs.....not sure if there's any proprietory info that could be gleamed from those.

But what might be nice just for the intake temp discussion, maybe just post your IAT2 readings for each run at say 4000, 5000, and 6000 rpm. That would be helpful I would think.

After seeing that dyno sheet.....I'm not sure I would do anything to the sensor! It's obviously not pulling timing.....hell, it looks the last 2 runs are making the most TQ of all! Dayum! Lol. Maybe you will have to revisit the issue after you start spinning it harder for the E85 tune. The 16psi pump gas tune is most certainly keeping the temps in check or it would have been yanking by run 3 for sure

Thanks alot, its been a long road and i still have a few things to continue to work out but at least she is running strong and has excellent driveability now. I will shoot it by Kevin but i can't see sharing a data log anything proprietary.

cj428mach

Established Member
friends don't let friends drink torco. stick to that corn brew

LOL I agree 100% but back when I did run gasoline, I always put a little torco in. I tuned my car for 91 and then always added enough torco to take me to 93 octane. It was cheap insurance and a can of torco would last a long time that way.

WHITESTRIPES

Established Member
Hey Troy what maf are you using in your high boost? Did it give Kevin a hard time tuning with it? I have nearly the same exact combo as you and I'm almost ready for him to tune mine.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Hey Troy what maf are you using in your high boost? Did it give Kevin a hard time tuning with it? I have nearly the same exact combo as you and I'm almost ready for him to tune mine.

I’m using a sct ba2600. Kevin didn’t complain about it at all to me so I don’t think he had a hard time with it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
That torque curve is interesting. Guess it's b/c of the aluminator and different compression than a stock cobra engine? My torque curve was straight up at about 2k then flat almost the whole way until it crossed I think then fell on it's face

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome op! I'm not huge on dyno numbers either. But now I'm curious as to what mine would put down!

I'm running the ba2600 as well. Maf counts are in the upper 800's I believe. And that's on 21lbs and 23* timing.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
That torque curve is interesting. Guess it's b/c of the aluminator and different compression than a stock cobra engine? My torque curve was straight up at about 2k then flat almost the whole way until it crossed I think then fell on it's face

Thanks for the comment. It is actually a concern that i have but wanted to see if anyone else would point it out. In my opinion my curve resembles more of a NA curve with it slowly climbing then dropping off. Ed from mod fords mad the same comment and I am going to try to get to the bottom of it. Ed's initial thoughts are
That will work too. No problem

Kevin,

What do you think about the TQ curve?

Intervention302

Established Member
I made 640whp on my 2.9 with 18.5psi on 93

767whp same day on E90 with 23.5psi

corn is awesome. Just not the MPG haha

SlowSVT

Established Member
Troy

Glad to see your car up and running nice numbers. I noted the gradual fall-off on your dyno curve. Yea that doesn't look right it should have a steady climb then a sudden drop. Perhaps it's getting starved for air in the upper rpm's. I'm sure you will get it sorted out. I would put some miles on the engine before considering any more mods. People tend to finish a build and soon start modding again wanting more to the point the car morphs into a high maintenance nightmare that's no longer fun to drive accompanied with lots of downtime and lost interest in it. Don't fall into that trap. Easier said than done, it's an addiction that's hard to break. The trick is knowing when to stop.

I haven't been lurking here to often do you have a build thread detailing your car? Knowing your background I'm sure the quality is 2nd to none :)

Users who are viewing this thread