Finally got my car on the dyno

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Troy

Glad to see your car up and running nice numbers. I noted the gradual fall-off on your dyno curve. Yea that doesn't look right it should have a steady climb then a sudden drop. Perhaps it's getting starved for air in the upper rpm's. I'm sure you will get it sorted out. I would put some miles on the engine before considering any more mods. People tend to finish a build and soon start modding again wanting more to the point the car morphs into a high maintenance nightmare that's no longer fun to drive accompanied with lots of downtime and lost interest in it. Don't fall into that trap. Easier said than done, it's an addiction that's hard to break. The trick is knowing when to stop.

I haven't been lurking here to often do you have a build thread detailing your car? Knowing your background I'm sure the quality is 2nd to none :)

Russ how has it been going?

With life being busy I have not done much posting the past couple of years. I've only been lurking. With that said I have not made any post with progress. My car has been up and running for the past couple years but slowly working out small bugs here and there. I am just now putting her on a dyno to get a 93 versus E85 dyno comparison.

I hear you 100% on not going down the mod rabbit hole. It's somewhat too late for that but I am on the downhill. I am getting close to the point of enjoyment. As I see it now my next and hopefully last big mods are a steeda K member and figuring out the front suspension then a Magnum transmission for smoother easier shifting.

Here are the only threads I made somewhat recently. Not as detailed as I used to get but I am always willing to answer questions.

Killer chiller install:
https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/my-gen-3-killer-chiller-install.1127413/

G-force axles:
https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/new-gforce-axles-came-in-today.1132062/

A rollup of those above plus some other stuff:

https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...ile-but-here-are-my-most-recent-mods.1143024/

SlowSVT

Established Member
Troy

Once I saw that nitrous bottle sitting in the trunk I knew I was too late! LOL I would say your 2-3 build cycles behind Malcolm but your getting there as long as you keep breaking stuff ........ probably the 2 best built Terminators on the planet behind mine! .......... *sigh*

I'm coming out of retirement and starting to get back to work on Cobra. A topic you may be interested in was the aluminum oil pan I started fabbing which is basically an aluminum Canton road race pan on steroids! It's finished.......well, sort of. I made one mistake at the 11th hour leaving it with the welder to run a small bead along the front and rear edge of the flange which drooped a little from the heat so I had less material to remove when I plane the flange flat. Turns out the guy went way overboard with the amount of weld done all at once which twisted the pan by a degree or two to the point you will never get the twist out. I'm fabbing a new flange and going to mill the old one out, cut the pan in 1/2 and re-level both ends and weld it all back straight. What a f#&k*@g odyssey :(

Users who are viewing this thread