Finally got my car dyno'd

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Was nice weather here yesterday so I decided to get my baseline numbers before I change pulleys and get a dyno tune. Car only has RIA and a custom high flow straight pipe (cat delete), yet managed 434rwhp. Pretty happy about that, as I was only expecting around 410-420rwhp, max.

Pretty confident I can eclipse 500hp with the pulley/tune mods now :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice numbers. STD or SAE?

What pulley/tune mods are you going with? Eclipsing 500rwhp (SAE) with an unported Eaton, 93 octane fuel and no nitrous is going to be a challenge.

IllCobra

Established Member
Good numbers. What shop did you take it to? I plan on taking mine to VMP after I get it together

Last edited:

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Nice numbers. STD or SAE?

What pulley/tune mods are you going with? Eclipsing 500rwhp (SAE) with an unported Eaton, 93 octane fuel and no nitrous is going to be a challenge.

That's a good question. I honestly didn't think to ask about the dyno (STD/SAE). They are supposed to email me the dyno report but I've yet to receive it (this was done on a mobile dyno at the Street Car Takeover event in Orlando).

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Good numbers. What shop did you take it to? I plan on taking mine to VMP after I get it together

The exhaust was done at Superior Muffler and Performance. Haven't done the pulley/tune yet, but I also plan on taking it to VMP. I met those guys over the weekend and they were really good about answering all my questions. They have a guy who "specializes" in cobras, according to the people I talked to

nxhappy

Established Member
The exhaust was done at Superior Muffler and Performance. Haven't done the pulley/tune yet, but I also plan on taking it to VMP. I met those guys over the weekend and they were really good about answering all my questions. They have a guy who "specializes" in cobras, according to the people I talked to
VMP is damn good at tuning mustangs.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
You're car is very unlikely to dyno 434rwhp at VMP with the stock pulley, or hit 500rwhp with the stock unported blower.

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
You're car is very unlikely to dyno 434rwhp at VMP with the stock pulley, or hit 500rwhp with the stock unported blower.

You're probably right. I was pretty shocked by that number. Like I said, I figured I'd get 420 at the very max. I'm sure the cool, dry weather helped a little though

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Congats, iirc that is exactly 1 HP more than what my car made with only intake and exhaust. Gained 59 whp from showroom stock, which was amazing to me.

Users who are viewing this thread