Finally got hired!

03cobraracer

Established Member
Keep it up. Read the latest RIP thread. Read every one. Remember the fallen, listen to the old heads. ALWAYS KEEP EYES AND EARS OPEN AND MOUTH SHUT. OBSERVE EVERYTHING.
I always keep my eye on the fallen. We have to keep the odmp board we have here up to date. They make sure we know every fallen officers name. And yeah I plan to learn from my FTO and the veteran officers as much as I can.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
I always keep my eye on the fallen. We have to keep the odmp board we have here up to date. They make sure we know every fallen officers name. And yeah I plan to learn from my FTO and the veteran officers as much as I can.

I know you have heard it many times, be a sponge. When you are released, ALWAYS start every encounter with citizens the way that you would want another officer to act with one of your family members. I know that the person you are dealing with will normally dictate how you react from there, but common courtesy can go a LOOOOOOONG way. 17 years on the job, and only have had to file 5 Use Of Force Reports. Toads know when they are going to jail, it's how you explain it and follow through that will normally lead to issues.

I wish you nothing but the best, and hope that throughout your career you remain a "good apple" in the bushel. If you EVER have questions or need advice, PM me. I'll give you my cell and email addresses and help you, or any other officer, the best that I can.

Woody6799

Established Member
Keep it up. Read the latest RIP thread. Read every one. Remember the fallen, listen to the old heads. ALWAYS KEEP EYES AND EARS OPEN AND MOUTH SHUT. OBSERVE EVERYTHING.

This. I haven't taken my mourning band off yet this year. Its disheartening to read all their stories but it keeps you alert and aware that everyday you need to expect the unexpected.

cbj5259

Established Member
I know you have heard it many times, be a sponge. When you are released, ALWAYS start every encounter with citizens the way that you would want another officer to act with one of your family members. I know that the person you are dealing with will normally dictate how you react from there, but common courtesy can go a LOOOOOOONG way. 17 years on the job, and only have had to file 5 Use Of Force Reports. Toads know when they are going to jail, it's how you explain it and follow through that will normally lead to issues.

I wish you nothing but the best, and hope that throughout your career you remain a "good apple" in the bushel. If you EVER have questions or need advice, PM me. I'll give you my cell and email addresses and help you, or any other officer, the best that I can.
This. Couldn't have said it better myself.

musclefan21

Established Member
Great newsnews brother! Have fun, enjoy your new life style. Stay safe!

Jdb03shadow

Established Member
I'm on my 6th week on my own as an LEO, stay safe, it's a great brotherhood so far and a great career, good luck on field training and going on your own!

03cobraracer

Established Member

Thanks a lot I appreciate the advice. I've been looking forward to this day for a while so I'm very excited to get out there. Luckily we have a really good training program and experienced instructors. I'll def message you if I need some advice I'll take it from anywhere. Luckily I have a cousin on the same department also so he's been helping me a lot as well with stuff.

I graduate next Friday finally I can't wait. Few more days of training and my final exam and I'll be done!

Jdb03shadow

Established Member
Congrats on graduating! Good luck in field training, it's good to get out there and actually do what you e been training for for the past few months, then it's great to be in the car on your own after and you can let them rip whenever you want ha

03cobraracer

Established Member
Well I passed my final exam today and graduate tommorow! I'm now a certified peace officer in the state of GA. It was a long 12 weeks but I made it though. Excited to be part of the thin blue line family.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
Well I passed my final exam today and graduate tommorow! I'm now a certified peace officer in the state of GA. It was a long 12 weeks but I made it though. Excited to be part of the thin blue line family.
Just be glad it was only 12, ours are 24 weeks!!

03cobraracer

Established Member
Ours is 32 weeks.......AND you have to live at our academy from Sun night until Friday afternoon.

Yeah I applied for GSP in the past and they are 35 weeks long live in I said no thanks lol. Here's a picture of me and my classmates that work for my department with our chief today at graduation.
5A5F1EF4-C499-48B3-ABD1-19DA7C474DEA_zpsafukdpsg.png

Users who are viewing this thread