FINALLY!!! Got an AWESOME DD!!!

Raven519

Established Member
The Rocky Mountain has Goodyear 235/65/17 VSB all season tires which is an upgrade from the stock sport model. I do not know what tires come with the 2010's (I think thats what you have by looking at your rims but your sig says 08?). Why didnt you like them in the rain exactly...poor braking, cornering, etc? Tomorrow I plan on taking it out in the rain for the first time to see how it handles.

Mine is an 08...in the rain, hydroplaning was horrible, spun the tires easily while accelerating very easy, really nothing good about them, so i figured if they were this bad in the rain, just imagine in the snow...haha

i bought Hankook Dynapro ATM tires, 245/70s...stock size was 235/70, very pleased with my purchase...

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Mine is an 08...in the rain, hydroplaning was horrible, spun the tires easily while accelerating very easy, really nothing good about them, so i figured if they were this bad in the rain, just imagine in the snow...haha

i bought Hankook Dynapro ATM tires, 245/70s...stock size was 235/70, very pleased with my purchase...

Well I just got back from a little drive, testing it out in the rain. I couldnt get it to spin while accelerating and I didnt see the ESP kick in at all. I did hit (on purpose) a massive puddle doing about 50 and felt it pull/hydroplane- it didnt give me the warm and fuzzies... maybe i'm just spoiled by my gsd3's on the cobra?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice looking Liberty. A friend of mine has a 2003 Liberty. I think it's a 2003. Neat little Jeep. Best of luck with yours. Should make a great DD!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
My ex's sister had a Liberty that was a few years old. I got in it to drive it once and saw that the "part time" light was on in the gauge cluster. I looked down and she had been driving the damn thing in part time 4HI, horrible on the t-case for the street. She said she did a 360 in the rain pulling out of a metro station, so she put it in 4WD to get better traction...

Not sure what it is, but I've never had a single issue in my Cherokee with wet weather, even with a locker in the rear.

If you want a good all around tire, check out the new Goodyear Duratrac. They are snow rated and are getting great reviews on JeepForum.

Users who are viewing this thread