FINALLY!!! Got an AWESOME DD!!!

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
I got a 2009 Jeep Liberty Rocky Mountain, pretty much fully loaded (for the model at least). This thing rides like a caddy and is as quiet inside as a mercedes (at least compared to the cobra haha) and its surprisingly large inside. I had 3 240+ guys in it 2 days ago while visiting a job site, zero leg room issues. This is the last year they offer the lifetime (zero mileage restriction) warranty! I already have about 1000 songs downloaded onto the radio's hard drive. Bring on the snow!

Info on the warranty- Jeep - 2009 Jeep Liberty - Capability - Lifetime Powertrain Warranty
The first Recall on the 2010 models was to remove the lifetime guarantee from the owners manuals- I guess Chrysler's financial issues dont allow for it anymore.

P1000943.jpg

P1000944.jpg

P1000945.jpg

P1000946.jpg

Last edited:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
lifetime warranty, unlimited mileage? that is only power train i assume?

Correct- So if the engine goes at half a million miles, they replace it. Geico offers for 2 bucks a month, bumper to bumper coverage on everything for 7 years/100,000 miles. Car comes w/ 3/36 on everything else.

I havent driven a full tank yet, so I cant say from experience as to what the mileage is however the sticker says 15/22

rust0r

Established Member
Correct- So if the engine goes at half a million miles, they replace it. Geico offers for 2 bucks a month, bumper to bumper coverage on everything for 7 years/100,000 miles. Car comes w/ 3/36 on everything else.

I havent driven a full tank yet, so I cant say from experience as to what the mileage is however the sticker says 15/22

And people think Hyundai has great warranties, I'm surprised more people who simply want a vehicle that will last don't jump at those things.

Raven519

Established Member
a fellow jeeper...haha

for MPG, i get around 19/20 on the highway...also if that truck came with the crappy goodyear tires mine had, they suck in the rain. I ended up getting some nice A/T tires, and i'm very happy now. Its a great truck...good luck with it...

here is mine, gonna get it tinted next week... :D
DSC00206.gif

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
a fellow jeeper...haha

for MPG, i get around 19/20 on the highway...also if that truck came with the crappy goodyear tires mine had, they suck in the rain. I ended up getting some nice A/T tires, and i'm very happy now. Its a great truck...good luck with it...

here is mine, gonna get it tinted next week... :D
DSC00206.gif

The Rocky Mountain has Goodyear 235/65/17 VSB all season tires which is an upgrade from the stock sport model. I do not know what tires come with the 2010's (I think thats what you have by looking at your rims but your sig says 08?). Why didnt you like them in the rain exactly...poor braking, cornering, etc? Tomorrow I plan on taking it out in the rain for the first time to see how it handles.

Last edited:

MustangMacrum

Established Member
Nice jeep man. My father has an 08 Jeep Liberty. Tons of fun to drive. I take it on road trips all the time. Its really comfortable, tons of room, little road noise, great sound system, and decent mileage for what it is.

I'm trying to convince him to lift it a few inches and get some 31s, haha!

congrats on ur purchase! Sounds like you got one hell of a warrenty.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Nice I was thinking of picking up a jeep, I'm looking for a nice DD too.

If your dealer can find an 09, do it. There arent many left out there. They are also taking 7k off MSRP right now in rebates. My cars sticker was 27500, plus some extras on top of that, and I got it for the price of a nicely equipped civic!

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Very nice! I have an older model, 2003, but it has been a great vehicle. Put a 3" suspension lift and 32's and the Liberty rode much much better. Mileage is not impressive due to aerodynamics but the Liberty really feels solid. Good luck with it!

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Nice jeep man. My father has an 08 Jeep Liberty. Tons of fun to drive. I take it on road trips all the time. Its really comfortable, tons of room, little road noise, great sound system, and decent mileage for what it is.

I'm trying to convince him to lift it a few inches and get some 31s, haha!

congrats on ur purchase! Sounds like you got one hell of a warrenty.

Your dad's 08 has it also, it was 08 and 09 that Chrysler did this!

And thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread