Finally dyno tuned

BdJames

Established Member
Finally hit the rollers for my first dyno experience. Just have basic bolt ons. Jlt cold air, orx, cat back exhaust, 2.93 billetflow with idler, green hd belt, tr6 gapped at .32. 437/431

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    930.5 KB · Views: 371

BdJames

Established Member
I was hoping to get a little above 440. But the car drives and idles amazing so I have no complaints. This was on a dyno jet.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats man! If it drives good and feels strong that's all that matters. Looks like it was hot out, 92* the dyno sheet shows.

Rail1

Established Member
Nice numbers. Enjoy that Terminator and be careful getting caught into the dyno numbers game it can get expensive.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
A little low for your mods imo.
A few questions, timing and your a/f?
I also agree, the rollers are only a tool, and it was warm.

BdJames

Established Member
Port that eaton and get a 4# lower and youll see an extra 50rwhp
i would love to, but I think I will just skip that step and go whipple.

Congrats man! If it drives good and feels strong that's all that matters. Looks like it was hot out, 92* the dyno sheet shows.
It does drive great and pulls hard. It was very hot that day and my best numbers were on the 5th pull. I'm still thrilled with it. Thanks man

Nice numbers. Enjoy that Terminator and be careful getting caught into the dyno numbers game it can get expensive.
Thanks man, and don't we all get caught in the numbers. How comfortable is that drive? said no man ever!!:rockon:

Nice setup and glad you're very happy with it.
appreciate it, I love my car:pepper:

A little low for your mods imo.
A few questions, timing and your a/f?
I also agree, the rollers are only a tool, and it was warm.

My tuner was trying to get fuel to 11.9-12.0. I believe it finished at 12.xx-12.1. I forget what timing was on the last pull, but it was 23* on the previous, I think.
I know the dyno is to make the car run its best and safest, but who doesn't want to hit high numbers?

Every few months Cincinnati Speed will have a dyno day. You can make 2 passes for 50$ with no tuning just to see the numbers. I think I might do that next time on a cooler day just to see how she does. My car was heat soaked like a mofo.

Thanks for all the kind words.

BdJames

Established Member
I just realized I never introduced myself or my car since joining. Let me correct that. My name is Brett, I live just north of Cincy, OH. Here is my 04. Just hit 25k miles.
image (2).jpegimage (3).jpegimage.jpeg
image (3).jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Car looks nice. Most tuners like the sweet spot for safe tune on these cobras at a max 11.8 a/f ratio. That 12-12.1 is pushing it imo.

BdJames

Established Member
Car looks nice. Most tuners like the sweet spot for safe tune on these cobras at a max 11.8 a/f ratio. That 12-12.1 is pushing it imo.

I agree, but my tuner knows more about it than I do so I left my trust with him. They have a race team and he does all the tuning so I think he is a safe bet. I will double check to make sure I didn't just make up those numbers.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Congrats nice CO convertible I'm in Kettering not too far from you. 12 to 12.1 is a hair on the leaner side WOT 11.5-11.8 is better from what I read.

BdJames

Established Member
Congrats nice CO convertible I'm in Kettering not too far from you. 12 to 12.1 is a hair on the leaner side WOT 11.5-11.8 is better from what I read.

That seems to be the consensus. I will have to talk to my tuner and see. I live in Middletown but I work in Kettering. The pictures all have too much sun apparently because my car is torch red. Not co

ctgreddy

Established Member
Not bad numbers! Is that Paul's high performance in michigan that did the work? They're pretty reputable so I wouldn't worry much about the afr and what not. Most tuners do try for 11.6-11.8 but they cram more timing in, he might have done more on the leaner side but put in a couple less degrees. Two different ways of getting to the same end goal. Congrats on getting her done and enjoy it a while!

BdJames

Established Member
Not bad numbers! Is that Paul's high performance in michigan that did the work? They're pretty reputable so I wouldn't worry much about the afr and what not. Most tuners do try for 11.6-11.8 but they cram more timing in, he might have done more on the leaner side but put in a couple less degrees. Two different ways of getting to the same end goal. Congrats on getting her done and enjoy it a while!

Pauls automotive engineering in cincinnati, oh

And thanks, I will enjoy

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

Meh he said the timing was 23*, that's not less.

OP: you should just double check and ask them, also invest in a wideband gauge.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
That seems to be the consensus. I will have to talk to my tuner and see. I live in Middletown but I work in Kettering. The pictures all have too much sun apparently because my car is torch red. Not co

Nice we'll either way nice TR vert.

Users who are viewing this thread