Finally! Big Shout out to Kelly and the rest of the guys at BMR!

h4cHi

Established Member
A little over a month ago I had installed a set for Ford Racing K-Springs and a Hotchkis Rear suspension package by a local speed shop and my car had been returned to me with a loud clunking noise. My car was returned to me and I was very displeased with this as I told the shop that it was no longer nessecary for them to try and resolve the issue and that I would take care of it. I called Hotchkis and they had appeared to be quite puzzled as to the issue so I took to the forum. The popular answer was that the UCA mount needed be replaced. I contacted Kelly at BMR and they agreed. So then I had ordered the mount and began tearing everything apart. Mind you I am 23 and nowhere near mechanically inclined, this was a NIGHTMARE. Once everything was off I reinstalled. the mount to the UCA and began reassembly. Once I got to installing the mount to the frame the frame holes on the car did not line up with the mount holes. Puzzled for 2 weeks every day I tried to figure out the resolution. Finally I dissasembled the mount and the UCA and concluded that I had over-torqued the bolt holding the UCA in the mount causing the mount holes to be off. Once I figured this out everything went back in together within 20 minutes. I called Kelly every day attempting to figure this out and he was more than accommodating and helpful in figuring this out. If you are to install an aftermarket UCA, MAKE SURE you buy an aftermarket mount because the slop in the stock mount is as shown.
20131028_172225_zps9601f85e.jpg

After the customer experience I have received from Kelly I can tell you all that I will be back to purchase more components from these guys, everything fit when installed properly and customer service was outstanding. Thanks again!
Before the drop
20130816_130534_zpsd46c48c3.jpg

After.
20131028_170415_zps354032e1.jpg

BMR Tech

No problem sir.

I am a little confused when suspension companies don't know the small details, that are actually large - such as this. I often wonder how it is possible.

I am glad we got ya squared away. If you ever need anything else, you know how to get me.

Enjoy your car! (Finally)

tkeinia

Established Member
i am running the bmr rear suspension, upper control arm and mount, lowers, relo brackets and adj panhard bar. planning on ordering the lowering springs in a few weeks.everything works great. now just to lower the boss.

h4cHi

Established Member
Are you still using the Hotchkis UCA? Which mount did you buy? I was thinking about the Hotchkis UCA

Im running the Hotchkis UCA with the BMR mount, everything would of gone a lot smoother if I had known the stuff I know now and this car used to have wheel hop like crazy(which im sure you all know how that feels) and now she just squats and goessss. Im not running the LCA brackets either, I most likely will be changing them at a later date probably this winter.

stangn

Established Member
Kelly and BMR are really the best in the industry, not just mustangs the hole suspension industry!

kona12

Established Member
Car looks great. Spoke to Kelly myself in regards to UCA questions and he broke everything down and was very helpful didnt want to have issues. I like to do my mods once and avoid headaches.

Screamin363

Established Member
Kelly helped me this week with the correct upper control arm for my 2011.

The wrong one was supplied by a vendor and it caused a violent sway above 100mph.

Kelly--- thumbs up and can't wait for my 2011 upper control arm.this 2010 mount just isn't doing me any good...

Users who are viewing this thread