Finally back in a Mustang...

GT500EA

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm not a new member on here but it's been a while since I've been in a Mustang, about 3.5 years.....but recently, I finally decided to pull the trigger on a 2014 Shelby GT500. I've been occupied these last few years with playing and modding my 2013 Duramax, but I still had the itch for a Mustang the entire time. So on a sunny Saturday about a month ago, me and my beautiful red headed lady decided to go down to the Ford dealership and look at some Mustangs. We looked at the 2015 Mustangs sitting outside, a few used GT500s, a few BOSS 302s, and then we went inside the dealership.......and there she was, Black with Red stripes, Recaros, SVTPP, TP, and navigation. Took a week to get the deal I wanted, but now she's sitting in my garage.

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 126
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_4056.JPG
    IMG_4056.JPG
    209.5 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_4079.JPG
    IMG_4079.JPG
    245.4 KB · Views: 116

AMWill

I'm not a new member on here but it's been a while since I've been in a Mustang, about 3.5 years.....but recently, I finally decided to pull the trigger on a 2014 Shelby GT500. I've been occupied these last few years with playing and modding my 2013 Duramax, but I still had the itch for a Mustang the entire time. So on a sunny Saturday about a month ago, me and my beautiful red headed lady decided to go down to the Ford dealership and look at some Mustangs. We looked at the 2015 Mustangs sitting outside, a few used GT500s, a few BOSS 302s, and then we went inside the dealership.......and there she was, Black with Red stripes, Recaros, SVTPP, TP, and navigation. Took a week to get the deal I wanted, but now she's sitting in my garage.

I guess she was worth the wait huh? :-D

Congrats man! She's an absolutely beauty and my favorite color combo! What are your plans for her?

These things love a smaller pulley and tune :thumbsup:

-Will

GT500EA

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
Thanks guys, I appreciate the compliments....she's definitely a thrill to drive. As for upgrades, I haven't really decided if I want to mess with her just yet....even though I have so many parts and ideas running through my mind. I blew the 100K mile warranty out the window on my '13 GMC Duramax the first six months I had her, with the EGR delete, DPF/ DEF delete, lift, tires, and re-tuning....and she only has 12k miles on her currently. So, it's kind of nice having a warranty on the garage queen....but I'm sure the newness will wear off and I'll start ordering parts for her like crazy. I have the thoughts of doing a smaller pulley, Kooks longtubes/ mid pipe, Borla axle-back, cams, bigger throttle body, JLT intake, and re-tuning....but who knows when I'll get over the warranty bug.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Really good looking GT-500. That is great that you were able to buy a 2014. Best year of all! :beer:

Regards future mods, if I was to buy a 2014 like yours, I'd be very content to just go with intake/exhaust and leave it at that for the remainder of the warranty. It surely produces plentiful power for the street. I might be tempted to go with lowering springs and long tubes, but that's about it. Enjoy that gorgeous GT-500! :)

GT500EA

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
I appreciate it guys.....and you're right CobraBob, she makes more than enough power for the streets and I probably will keep her stock or light on the bolt on mods until the warranty runs out.

Users who are viewing this thread