Finally another 9 second cobra!

ctgreddy

Established Member
After almost 2 seasons of having plenty of power and traction to go 9's, but still no luck, I decided to bite the bullet and go auto. I know it's not for a lot of guys but I thought about it for a while and have had it in for a while now, still with zero regrets. It's still fun to drive, but much faster. My best with the current setup on a 6speed was 10.3 with 23lbs and 22 degrees while dropping the clutch off the 2step at 4k and shifting around 6700.

Fast forward to now and went to the track with a mild setup. changed pulleys and only making 21-22lbs. 20 degrees. 2200rpm trans brake launch(no 2step) shifting around 64-6500. This being the first auto pass I wanted to feel things out a bit. Ending up getting a solid 9.82@140 with a 1.39 60'. Deff impressed and ended up calling it a day after one pass, got a bunch of friends going to the track end of the month so saving the car for that. Posted a video that my buddy 1990jmcturbo made and thanks for him to coming out to the track with me just to video!

Best part of all this is my longblock is untouched and hit 100k miles this summer! Really shows how awesome these engines are that mines lasted this long with this much power and still kickin!

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Sweet pass, some good mph! What was the best pass with the 2.8? I thought you were in the 10.3 range as well.

ctgreddy

Established Member
Congrats! Was Milan hooking pretty good?

--Joe
Yeah it seemed to. I only made the one pass but they had a busy race there Sunday also so I'm sure they prepped it more than a normal test and tune.

ctgreddy

Established Member
Sweet pass, some good mph! What was the best pass with the 2.8? I thought you were in the 10.3 range as well.

Actually went faster with the 2.8, I got a best of 10.09 with that blower. I did run it a lot more last season than I have this season with the whipple, and I'm sure that extra practice with it made it easier.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats! That was definitely a solid run. You hooked perfectly. Awesome!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Congrats man. Awesome feat you and the cobra are putting in work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RI GT500

Established Member
Sorry I missed that , that's good to read because I have that trans in my Shelby

Rambro

Established Member
Sweet setup and wow the 3.4 crusher looks amazing. How often do you figure you'll have to freshen a trans like that? I'd love to do the swap but mines mostly a street car and I don't really want something that's going to need a lot of babysitting.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Congrats! I am thinking about switching back and forth between my stick and an auto rather than just getting another cobra to put an auto in.

Who built the 4R70?

Last edited:

ctgreddy

Established Member
Sweet setup and wow the 3.4 crusher looks amazing. How often do you figure you'll have to freshen a trans like that? I'd love to do the swap but mines mostly a street car and I don't really want something that's going to need a lot of babysitting.

I'm hoping it won't need a refresh often at all. The 4r's are pretty stout at my level. I know a guy with a 2v that's gone 8's for 2 seasons and hasn't had his trans refreshed at all. His is a similar build just with better hard parts.

Are you planning any more track days this fall?

--Joe

Oh yeah going to try and go back the 29th. Hoping for perfect weather.

Users who are viewing this thread