Finally a ride in a pullied Cobra!!

CobraTone

Established Member
Well, just as I was beginning to think I was the only '03 in Gainesville I met a guy with a sonic blue. We went cruisin with some of his buddies and I rode along.

DAMN you pullied guys are lucky! I couldn't believe the difference between his and my car, it was night and day, like me going from my 00 GT to my 03 Cobra. :thumbsup: Oh, and you Kenne Belle guys, well, lets not got there. :bowdown:

Anyways, he had a lot of stuff done, full exhaust, suspension work, and all the goodies. Thing ran like a bat out of hell, I am interested in seeing how well I can hang with him, probably not at all, but still fun to try!

I just need to hurry up and get out of school so I can join the fun! :cryying:

CobraTone

Established Member
Hehe, hopefully by next summer when I graduate, if I have a job lined up that is. :nonono:

Boostin01

Established Member
Hey CobraTone I go down to G-ville all the time to visit my friends. Maybe we could hook up and go to the track. Alot of people from up here will be going before they shut it down for the year. Let me know. I feel you on the money / college issue I'm in the same boat.:burnout: :beer: :beer:

CobraTone

Established Member
Yea, we definitely should meet up. I think we were planning on making a trip in the next week or two, I think they close in 3 weeks. The guy with the sonic blue told me he had some MT slicks we could throw on mine if I wanted. :beer:

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
IS IT WORTH IT?

I'm with you CobraTone on the temptation of the pullied eaton. I still have never road in a pullied 03 and am very curious about the difference in performance. I'm just concerned about the warranty voiding from pulley change. My argument is the car runs so good now do I really need more power? I have to ride in a pullied car first to justify this mod. I may go with shifter and mid pipe first to gain some more performance and keep the factory warranty another year. Mid pipes (X-H pipes) don't void the warranty do they?

What do you guys think, is a pullied snake that much more wicked than a stock pullied Cobra? Worth voiding the warranty?

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
I did the pulley swap on my car and YES, it did make that much of a difference!! The biggest difference it will make is in the TQ numbers. You have to experience a Cobra that had a pulley swap to fully realize the difference.

As far as the warranty issue goes that is a choice you have to make. Is it worth risking a warranty for the extra power?? Only you can decide that because once you cross that line you may be stuck with it.

There are so many discussions about what will void a warranty and what will not, and I am not trying to go there. If you modify your car you always run the risk of losing the warranty.

You just have to decide if the "fun factor" is worth taking that risk.

Just my 2 cents.

SVT4ME

Established Member
My thoughts are the same bigbeez. Wondering if getting pullied is worth the effort. I am going to wait untill two years into the warrenty and if no problems then, i will pulley.

CobraTone

Established Member
BigBeeze, that is the other major issue with me as well. If i wanted my parents would probably get me a pulley and chip for Christmas or birthday, but the fact of voiding the warranty scares me as well. The pullied cars are absolutely insane, but I definitely need my warranty for the whole 36k miles. I think instead this Christmas I will get a shifter, some caster camber plates, maybe some springs or something else to enhance handling.

The car is fast enough as it is, but man those pullied cars fly. Oh, I don't think the mid pipe will void the warranty unless you go cat-less. Get a catted h or x pipe to be safe.

DSG03Snake

Established Member
I dont think a midpipe should void your warranty as long as it has cats and you dont have to use any MIL eliminators.

Thats the nce thing about a midpipe, you will make more power on less boost which will be easier on your motor in the long run.

cobra101

Established Member
regarding pullies, has ANYONE used a rpmoutlet pulley?

Just wondering. I want a pulley that I can pull off again easily if necessary. I heard the RR are aluminum and some had to cut them off when they had to revert back to stock or change to a different pulley.

I hear the steel ones are easier to pull off, if need be.

I am planning on a press on 2.80 and a 73.5 gatorback as of now. May change my mind by the time I do it (hopefully within a month). I am getting my predator this week. I still haven't decided whether to try and save a couple of bucks on it, pay the $419 from RWTD (possible free tunes), or go with $419 amazon (pay for extra tunes).

mann this is tough stuff :)

Mongoose 03

The Godfather
Established Member
Re: regarding pullies, has ANYONE used a rpmoutlet pulley?

Originally posted by cobra101

Just wondering. I want a pulley that I can pull off again easily if necessary. I heard the RR are aluminum and some had to cut them off when they had to revert back to stock or change to a different pulley.

I hear the steel ones are easier to pull off, if need be.

I am planning on a press on 2.80 and a 73.5 gatorback as of now. May change my mind by the time I do it (hopefully within a month). I am getting my predator this week. I still haven't decided whether to try and save a couple of bucks on it, pay the $419 from RWTD (possible free tunes), or go with $419 amazon (pay for extra tunes).

mann this is tough stuff :)
I already made my decision. Predator and other goodies are already ordered. Rick at Amazon will take very good care of me and my baby :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

wjfawb0

Established Member
I pullied after 4500 miles (5 weeks after buying the car).
No problems yet and I have 7300miles on the odometer.

-Jason

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
RR Blower Pulley

Originally posted by allens-03
quick question what pulley is the best ie brand not size

Again this is just my opinion, but the Reichard Racing Aluminum pulley with the Aluminum Metco 100mm idler is sweet looking when you pop the hood. I haven't seen a better looking set up yet. I love the polished look, really clean and classic!

Tommystang

Friggin' Ford Lover
Established Member
Re: IS IT WORTH IT?

Originally posted by BigBeez03
I'm with you CobraTone on the temptation of the pullied eaton. I still have never road in a pullied 03 and am very curious about the difference in performance. I'm just concerned about the warranty voiding from pulley change. My argument is the car runs so good now do I really need more power? I have to ride in a pullied car first to justify this mod. I may go with shifter and mid pipe first to gain some more performance and keep the factory warranty another year. Mid pipes (X-H pipes) don't void the warranty do they?

What do you guys think, is a pullied snake that much more wicked than a stock pullied Cobra? Worth voiding the warranty?
Big Bee, thats exactly my question re: the pulley. Is it worth screwing w/ the warranty for the difference?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Re: IS IT WORTH IT?

Originally posted by BigBeez03

Let's put it this way. I thought my car was fast enough with the regular exhaust and intake mods. Then I had Rick (Amazon Racing) install his RR 2.90" pulley with a Diablo chip. We went for a ride. I was IMPRESSED! I only wished I had done it sooner. It is SO fun!

By the way, I had to make the decision to risk a warrantee void but I figured with all the hassles I've read about there was no guarantee Ford wouldn't balk at ANY repair, whether my car was stock or not. So I may as well have some fun. :)

cobra101

Established Member
so, has anyone else heard or seen the RR removed?

I heard the RR is a pain to get off (if necessary). Their aluminum and some had to cut them off with a dremle. then eventually had to buy another (after putting stock pulley on and off again).

Ps. I guess NO ONE is running rpmoutlet pulley's :( no feedback

OKC03Cobra

Established Member
Re: Re: IS IT WORTH IT?

Originally posted by CobraBob
Let's put it this way. I thought my car was fast enough with the regular exhaust and intake mods. Then I had Rick (Amazon Racing) install his RR 2.90" pulley with a Diablo chip. We went for a ride. I was IMPRESSED! I only wished I had done it sooner. It is SO fun!

By the way, I had to make the decision to risk a warrantee void but I figured with all the hassles I've read about there was no guarantee Ford wouldn't balk at ANY repair, whether my car was stock or not. So I may as well have some fun. :)

I agree. Life is short and waiting 36k miles to mod would drive me crazy.

DPS

Established Member
Re: Re: regarding pullies, has ANYONE used a rpmoutlet pulley?

Originally posted by Mongoose 03
I already made my decision. Predator and other goodies are already ordered. Rick at Amazon will take very good care of me and my baby :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hey Mongoose, so you findally gave in. What other goodies and what size pully? I'm still holding out.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread