FINALLY!!! 2011 Shelby is enroute!

03reptile

Established Member
Just got a call from my dealer and after being held at Flat Rock, Michigan for almost four weeks, (accompanied by much teeth grinding) my 2011 Shelby GT500 has been released and is being shipped. Should have the car in ten days or less. I'll try to get some photos posted up (with help of computer literate son-in-law) when she arrives. Its a performance white coupe with grabber blue stripes and no SVTPP. Should be an awesome car. Will keep you posted.

BLK03SVT

Mike
Established Member
Nice! Now are you one of those guys that will wait at the dealer for the hauler to arrive, or just wait for them to call? LOL...

PS..man I'm jealous. I have WEEKS to wait...

03reptile

Established Member
Nice! Now are you one of those guys that will wait at the dealer for the hauler to arrive, or just wait for them to call? LOL...

PS..man I'm jealous. I have WEEKS to wait...

Well...... When my new 1987 GT arrived in the rail yard at Jessup, Md. The saleman and I drove over and picked it up from the lot. It was one of the first, new body style, 87s to arrive in the metro area and boy did it get a lot of attention for the next month ! Still get a grin over the adulation I received from Mustang fans. Unless I'm told its on the way and should arrive in a matter of hours, I'll probably wait for the call. I've been buying cars from this dealership for 25 years, so they are like family. Also the dealer/owner is a personal friend. Very trustworthy group. They had my 07 GT500 corraled when it arrived! I'm just really anxious to get behind the wheel and see the differences between my 07 and the new beast. The next week is going to be the most difficult !!

03reptile

Established Member
congrats bud. taking it to Carlisle?

Possibly. I have been going for many years. Last time I went, all the parking spaces were filled up and I just parked in the lot on the side of the hill. Waste of registration fees. I was a little dissappointed; plus it was hotter then then hindges of hell! Weird weather in Pa!

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
yeah i hear ya. The last 2 years have been crazy hot...atleast it didnt rain. last year i parked my car on the showfield the night before and left it there. That place fills up fast. Hope to see you there in your new GT500

Users who are viewing this thread