Final Amazon Dyno Day Info!!

Quik Z06

Established Member
RixSikCobra said:
I hope so, I plan to spray a 150 shot after the tune...

Wow thats a lot :) When I talked to Rick he told me to not spray more than a 50 dry shot, so thats what im gonna do. I was planning on a 100 shot, but maybe because the KB is already making so much power a 100 shot might be too much:shrug:

RixSikcobra04

Quik Z06 said:
Wow thats a lot :) When I talked to Rick he told me to not spray more than a 50 dry shot, so thats what im gonna do. I was planning on a 100 shot, but maybe because the KB is already making so much power a 100 shot might be too much:shrug:

I guess it's a matter of opionion. With that said, obviously, Rick's opinion is one that I would definitely consider and value when it comes to these cars:thumbsup: . I personally haven't seen any evidence of any reason not to though. It only makes about 680rwhp or so w/the 150 and we know these cars can handle that. I figure with proper timing, gas, motor(mine's pretty built), there shouldn't be a prob. I had this motor built for the use of N20(HCI said this thing will handle a 250 shot) and I always run the jets on the rich side for safety. I'll discuss it with Rick, perhaps he's got info I haven't heard. I can't wait for this day to dyno and to meet alot of you guys.:beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

Quik Z06

Established Member
Yeah every tuner will be different. But obviously sice you have a built motor, it will most likely handle more abuse than mine. Im hoping to be around at least 650whp on the bottle :)

RixSikcobra04

Quik Z06 said:
Yeah every tuner will be different. But obviously sice you have a built motor, it will most likely handle more abuse than mine. Im hoping to be around at least 650whp on the bottle :)

Exactly, good point. With your mods and N02, you will be seein' 650 in your rearview mirror. See ya Sat and good luck with your tune.:beer:

chrisJ

Established Member
just wondering where this shop is so i could at least come by and see the shop since i didnt make the list but would love to get my car tuned. thanks

Quik Z06

Established Member
^ Here ya go...

Jeff S Custom Tuning
1170 Campbell Ave
San Jose 95126

Across front Santa Clara State University right off 880 Alameda exit
1150 is the shop that is visible from the street and 1170 is around back

RixSikcobra04

Big thanx to Rick for traveling out here to tune out cars(and did fine job I may add and it was nice meetin' ya), Linn and Peter(quikz06) for makin' this happen(thanx goes to Peter's wife also who helped out and is totally cool), Chuck for doin' the gruntwork(I know hommie was tired after 2 days of slangin' Cobras), Jeff for provindin' the dyno...and Larry for...whaaaatever it is Larry does:p jk...it was nice to meet ya and talk cars and sheeyat with ya, bro...you're a good man. Don't smoke to many Terminators with that Goat:beer: . Seeyall on the next one :rockon:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bullitt4110

Established Member
Ya it was a good time hangin out with everyone. Wish my car was done, but will be there next time Rick is out. Thanks Rick for helpin me and my buddy out and thanks for all of the good advice. :beer:

mf150

Psi Chi
Established Member
Kevin the Clean 1 said:
It was nice meeting all of you. The dyno day weekend was a lot of fun...:beer:

wish I could have been there...sounds like a blast. Congrats to Lightning Larry...my buddy JP tells me that your goat is awesome...

Last edited:

Quik Z06

Established Member
Just wanted to say Thanks for all those that showed up. We had a blast out there and got to meet some great people. For me, it was my first time meeting many of you not to mention Rick was a great guy! He's definately gonna be tuning my Z06 soon. Larry is such a great guy too. Just like a little kid! I'll see if I can get his Goat Dyno posted up too.

Kevin, now I know why you're name is that. That is the cleanest car I've ever seen. Even cleaner then at the showroom!!

RixSikCobra, you have a bada$$ car and put down some good numbers. It was also nice meeting you today. Were you one of the few that make the 1000hp/1000tq club?

For everyone else, it was a pleasure. Looking forward to seeing you guys again. I hope everyone had as much fun as we did. That and I'm just curious if Chuck and Rick can sleep after all that candy! Now it's time for me to go catch up on some lost sleep.

BTW, we threw our Cobra back up on the dyno after everyone else was done and got a bit better numbers. 520 rwhp and 490 tq. After checking everything, we found out the clutch can't hold the power. Guess we'd better get that taken care of before we go spraying ;).

P.S. I talked with Rick about tuning my Z06 up and we're looking at getting that done in the near future. So if you missed this one, don't worry...we'll be having another MSX/Amazon Dyno Day. I might see about getting the Vette guys involved too.

Rachael @ MSX

lizardbreath

Banned
This really doesn't much to do with the thread but is there anyway I can get a hold of amazon and just have them ship me a custom tune? I would love that.

Quik Z06

Established Member
^ Yep just call Amazon and give them a list of your mods and they will e-mail you a tune for yor car assuming you have an XCal or Predator. You will need one of those to be able to load it into your car. Give them a call, I know Rick will be the only one from now on doing the tuning on my cars, were going to get the Z06 enetered in the next dyno day.

Last edited:

mfracing

Established Member
:coolman: it was fun, i'm glad i did it again! thank's guys for making it happen! big thank's to jeff for putting up with us and taking the heat from the bitch nextdoor! :bash:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
I Have A Lot Of People To Thank!

Big thanks to Rick for the great tune he did on my GOAT.
451rwhp/448rwtq @ 4.5lbs of boost and a very safe street tune.:pepper:
See you next time buddy.:thumbsup:

THANKS to Billy @ MSX for the beautiful job he did on my blower install.
I can never thank you enough for all the work you've done my friend.
People like you are very rare.:rockon:
PS: Your son is just cute as can be and your wife is gorgeous.

Thanks to Pete + MSX for putting this together.:beer: U Da Man Pete!

Thanks to Rachael "Pete's wife" for keeping me laughing all day Sat and Sun.
You:rockon:girl.

Thanks to Jeff for letting us use his shop and his dyno.:bowdown::bowdown:

Thanks to Chuck for all his work strapping down cars and running the dyno.:burnout:

And of course thanks to EVERYONE that came out.
It was very nice to see some old faces and meet a bunch of new people.
Everyone was cool as hell!!!:pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

Kevin's car was spotless. It was cleaner underneath than most people's paint.:rolling:

THANKS EVERYBODY!:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread