FFW in PHX, who plans on going?

RioRed4v

Established Member
yea, i went to FFW last year when i lived down in PHX. Fun times. Especially after a few beers...lol

cell is 702-581-6711

-Scott

maybe we can all cruise out to the Pavillions car show saturday night, and do something after that.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Lets hope it doesn't rain, like it looks like it will. I'll keep an eye on the weather, but if it is raining, I would be hard pressed to drive out there for the weekend, hoping that it doesn't. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Chris

69hahaha

Established Member
Hope we get a good turn out this year. Last year it was cold and windy, hopefully it will be nice this time. Would really like to see this become a huge event. It's cool that the AZLOC will be there like the Bullitt club was last year. Does anyone know if Sat. or Sun. is the better day to go? I have to work on Sat. but was going to take the day off, but work is slow and I might need to work anyway. Just wondering if I would miss anything coming on Sun. instead. My friend here at work has a real nice supercharged Bullitt, that's who I will probably go with. :beer:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Rain update:

Precipitation forcasts predict a 20% chance of rain. That's quite low here. I've checked the satellite footage.

PlatinumCobra's prediction:

Partly cloudy and brisk. We should be expecting rain on Monday or Tuesday of next week. :beer:

1slosnake

10 second pilot
Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
Rain update:

Precipitation forcasts predict a 20% chance of rain. That's quite low here. I've checked the satellite footage.

PlatinumCobra's prediction:

Partly cloudy and brisk. We should be expecting rain on Monday or Tuesday of next week. :beer:
If you ain't right I am coming after you :bash: :D :lol1:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Yeah I have been keeping a close eye on it too. Looking pretty good compared to what it is supposed to be here that weekend!! Looks like there is 3 of us for sure coming from here. My car, a red 10th, and a Mystic should all be coming out together. Still trying to get a hold of the guy with the black 04. Need to try and get a place to stay while I am at it.

Chris

AzDropTop

Established Member
Originally posted by Chris_H
Yeah I have been keeping a close eye on it too. Looking pretty good compared to what it is supposed to be here that weekend!! Looks like there is 3 of us for sure coming from here. My car, a red 10th, and a Mystic should all be coming out together. Still trying to get a hold of the guy with the black 04. Need to try and get a place to stay while I am at it.

Chris

Looks like rain Sunday Chris. Saturday looks good. How did the Nascar race go?

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Went pretty good. Had about a 25 minute rain delay about 100 laps into it. The clouds really kept it nice outside this year. It was pretty hot last year so it was a nice change of pace. I was pretty wore out though when I got home at midnight. Looks like it'll be the same way this weekend too! Its all worth it though! I'll give you a call when I get into Phx and see how things are looking for you coming up on Sat.

Chris

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Based on the Satellite Imagery if it does rain on Sunday it will be most likely mid day. Oooo, and cold rain too. :bash:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
Based on the Satellite Imagery if it does rain on Sunday it will be most likely mid day. Oooo, and cold rain too. :bash:
:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: That doesn't surprise me in the least bit. There will be 4 of us bringing Cobra's from New Mexico. 3 of us will be leaving here about 1pm tomorrow and the 4th one will leave about 5pm or so. I ended up getting a hotel off of Van Buren by the airport. I know, not the best of area's but I got it for $50 a night. I don't plan on spending much time at it anyway ;-)

Jeff, I will give you a call tomorrow evening when we get into town to let you know we made it. If you want to get together and do something tomorrow night, think of something before we get there :idea: :thumbsup:

Rick, do you know if you will make it out there Saturday and Sunday yet? I reserved a room with 2 beds in it if you need to stay. If not, I will see about cramming 3 of us into the room since the 4th guy is staying at a friends.

Chris

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Dude I'd love to meet tomorrow night, but we have a prior engagement we have to goto. Hey, did you wanna do breakfast on Saturday?

I know of a killer B-Fast locale in Tempe which is like 5 minutes from your hotel. :thumbsup:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Sure do! I am always up for a good breakfast! I'll give you a call when I get into town tomorrow night to let you know we are there, and to get you my number. If you have a certain time you want me to call to keep from interrupting the engagement, let me know.

Chris

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by TK Doom
If I get my car back, maybe the wife-unit and I could drop by on Sunday...

Sounds like fun. Careful on I-8. I hear they're gearing up for the weekend event. Out in full force patrolling the AZ side.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Well its overcast real bad here today (Friday).

Sucks, I'm debating on even going down Saturday.

69hahaha

Established Member
MAAAAAANNNNN! I hope it's good tommorow. Weather channel says slight chance of t-storm but nothing major. I'm looking to get there around noon that way I can get some hours in at work.

Users who are viewing this thread