FFW in Arizona -- 11-22/23 News

stang99

Adam: I'm retired or I would be gunning for you too, and, my car is fixed already.

Originally posted by Fiveohdean
Adam,

Congrats on your 11's. Just so you know, once I get my car fixed your the first one I'm gunning for. :D :D :D :D

stang99

The new 17" ET Streets? Have they worked on anyones car(s) yet? I have not seen a serious report about them yet. What rims are you going to use with them? I assume that you will be running them tubeless, as does everyone as far as I can see.

Originally posted by FuShnickens
et streets on the way, clutch will have to wait until after the holidays. :(

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
i'm going to stick w/ the 26x11.50x16's. hopefully the extra sidewall will take some of the shock out of the driveline. re: wheels, i got some 16x9.5 centerlines dirt cheap. most likely going tubeless since nobody's had any issues. yet. :burnout:

stang99

Your combo is the combo of choice for street tires at Carlsbad. The other popular choice is ET Drags, and they were all secured to the rims with screws, so they are not at all a street tire by any stretch. ET Streets are DOT legal, but they look and act like slicks. They also require a tube, but most are run tubeless.

Originally posted by FuShnickens
i'm going to stick w/ the 26x11.50x16's. hopefully the extra sidewall will take some of the shock out of the driveline. re: wheels, i got some 16x9.5 centerlines dirt cheap. most likely going tubeless since nobody's had any issues. yet. :burnout:

maoun

Established Member
17in et streets: they are, in essence, tubless tires....right now they say they need a tube, but they're developing the final version to have an extra ply on the inside wall so they can get approval to be tubeless for dot legality..... they're so damn close though, that mt says to run both tubless....

i used 03 cobra rims.....they're not very wide on the rim, but mt says that's the ideal....i think they work extremely well....very little driveline shock in my opinion

m.

Obi1Cobi

Established Member
28x11.50x16 on 16X8 cobra rims. I think they are meant to have that much play in the sidewall. When they are unmounted, they come inwards and are 7" apart.

Last edited:

Obi1Cobi

Established Member
Ran a 12.15 in AZ with my clutch slippin' all the way. Stage II Spec clutch on the way.
Hey there "chips" walker, meet you in the 11 second zone very soon. Although, you are "cooler" than me.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by maoun
17in et streets: they are, in essence, tubless tires....right now they say they need a tube, but they're developing the final version to have an extra ply on the inside wall so they can get approval to be tubeless for dot legality..... they're so damn close though, that mt says to run both tubless....

i used 03 cobra rims.....they're not very wide on the rim, but mt says that's the ideal....i think they work extremely well....very little driveline shock in my opinion

m.
What kind of 60' did you run m?

maoun

Established Member
well, remember that i suck at drag racing...so most of my 60ft times were about 1.7

m.

damn jason, i was hoping you'd buy me some rims :)

Users who are viewing this thread