Ffuuuuuuuuu..

Status
Not open for further replies.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Would I be crazy to trade the car on a '13? In the end, and out-of-pocket build and the difference on a new car would probably be very close..

Bud

Established Member
Realistically, what would they do? Just curious

Tuning our cars is a risk we own, but they might be able to help with tshooting and finding root cause. More info never hurts and probably something they want to be aware of.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Tuning our cars is a risk we own, but they might be able to help with tshooting and finding root cause. More info never hurts and probably something they want to be aware of.

Thats what i was getting at, more i guess for them to learn something about it and if they wanna help out or find the root cause.

-Thomas

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Got gap? Sumbitch just stalled on the train tracks, I dunno what happened.. :D

In all seriousness though it could have been anybody's tune, these issues still pop up from time to time. It sucks but sometimes you have to pay to play. Look at the bright side, several thousand dollars down the road you'll have a motor that can handle all kinds of power.

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
Got gap? Sumbitch just stalled on the train tracks, I dunno what happened.. :D

In all seriousness though it could have been anybody's tune, these issues still pop up from time to time. It sucks but sometimes you have to pay to play. Look at the bright side, several thousand dollars down the road you'll have a motor that can handle all kinds of power.

^+1 this is definitely the best way to look at it IMO

kingnut

Established Member
Its worth a try. Dealers try and actually do f#*% people over daily. I dont feel sorry for them one bit.

stang8psi

Established Member
Its worth a try. Dealers try and actually do f#*% people over daily. I dont feel sorry for them one bit.

Because he is tuned. He took the risk and it is not paying off so now it's fords fault? It sucks, but The OP knows what he was risking based off his first post.

Just do the boss internals and use your stock block after getting it machined. But do know if you get a bad tune after the built motor well it can happen again.

Always datalog, Gas is so inconsistant it's worth it every few tanks IMOP.

kingnut

Established Member
Because he is tuned. He took the risk and it is not paying off so now it's fords fault? It sucks, but The OP knows what he was risking based off his first post.

Just do the boss internals and use your stock block after getting it machined. But do know if you get a bad tune after the built motor well it can happen again.

Always datalog, Gas is so inconsistant it's worth it every few tanks IMOP.

Read my post... where did i say its ford fault? Im not gonna post the same exact thing. I think i made my point.

fake

Established Member
Sucks to hear posts like this. Just when you think the #8 is a thing of the past; posts like this show up..

snakebite72

Established Member
They will not find any trace of your tune... what they will see is how many times the ecm has been reflashed...

Chris_Red_V8

Shiny.
Established Member
if you're going to take it to ford, you need to do the following:

-get it 100% stock, get your flash out of there.
-try to put as many miles on it as you can without resetting the battery. Obviously there's an over/under here as your #8 is likely scuffing the cylinder liner during this whole ordeal. 100+ miles would be ideal

Even still, its not likely you're going to get help.

If you have a youtube account, or open facebook with your car, you're in trouble; or if your name can be traced from your username, or if you've ever asked for help on a forum from FCS/Deysha or their team.

So if you're in the clear, you might have a slim chance, and its at least worth your time.

Otherwise, I'd recommend MMR. At least for me, my replacement motor has run strong and just like stock, but is infinitely more stout and it makes a good deal more power than my stock motor did. I paid a bit more as my heads were trashed and basically bought a complete custom motor, but you can get away with:

rebuilt shortblock with new pistons/rings/bearings/rods - 2+k
boss 302 head bolts and gasket kit - $150
misc gaskets - $150
oil, plugs, balancer bolt, o2 sensors (important), and odd tools - $400

From there I'd look at upgrades, but that's a reasonable cost on getting the job done. Sans any labor/shipping/etc. I just went through all of this starting back in March, and my car was running again in September. Terrible ordeal, but feel free to hit me up with any questions.

Last edited:

atistang

Established Member
that sucks man, even though its probably not something simple, i hope its something simple lol

make good friends with a service writer at a local dealership lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread