Few pics of my C5Z with coilovers installed

96lazervert

Established Member
Few updated pics of my C5Z with new coilovers installed. With a few adjustments i think i have it sitting perfect now. Also installed a big cam with kooks 1 7/8" longtubes, catless x, and borla stingers. Put down 440rwhp. My buddy Charlie Hill from Lsxperts did the install. Checkout his facebook page. Also bogart eliminators are in the mail :rockon: Let me know what you guys think. Thanks for looking.

IMG_20140209_163248_170.gif

IMG_20140209_163309_703.jpg

IMG_20140209_163359_546.jpg

Last edited:

70Maverick

Established Member
:bowdown: That is badass. I do not own anything that nice. My newest car is 10 years old. Please, PLEASE, please don't take this wrong. I SERIOUSLY am asking a serious question. I understand personalizing your ride. I just wonder.

Do you think the suspension really handles better than the one that GM must've spent millions on designing? I know you can obviously improve on a Mustang or Camaro suspension. But is there that much compromise still in the Corvette? I would just think - again, never having one - that the 'Vette would be pretty much optimized out of the box. Did you do that just because you prefer the look, (which is fine, not saying that) or does it really handle better now?

Your car is awesome. I am sure you smile every time you walk to the garage and see it. I know I would. I am just curious about modifying these higher-end muscle cars these days.

Thanks for posting pictures! :rockon:

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice! Great looking C5Z. I like the paint color and the stance.

95PGTTech

Established Member
:bowdown: That is badass. I do not own anything that nice. My newest car is 10 years old. Please, PLEASE, please don't take this wrong. I SERIOUSLY am asking a serious question. I understand personalizing your ride. I just wonder.

Do you think the suspension really handles better than the one that GM must've spent millions on designing? I know you can obviously improve on a Mustang or Camaro suspension. But is there that much compromise still in the Corvette? I would just think - again, never having one - that the 'Vette would be pretty much optimized out of the box. Did you do that just because you prefer the look, (which is fine, not saying that) or does it really handle better now?

Your car is awesome. I am sure you smile every time you walk to the garage and see it. I know I would. I am just curious about modifying these higher-end muscle cars these days.

Any OEM production design, even very low-number performance exotics, must balance performance, NVH, and longevity. As performance enthusiasts, we can choose to sacrifice some or all of #2 or #3 to improve #1. In general, you can improve the performance of any OEM setup by:

1. getting lower
2. more spring rate
3. more sway bar rate
4. shock rates adjusted to 2 and 3
5. replacing bushings with less compromising materials

Obviously each has a law of diminishing returns. As a simple support to this statement, there is a reason C5R and C6R parts exist.

96lazervert

Established Member

I definitely only did it for the looks. I dont think it would handle as good now as it did stock. Its just a weekend warrior not a track car. Detoxx, i went with Qa1's. They offered an affordable coilover with a nice riding 450lb spring rate. As far as heads, im unsure. An Ls3 swap might be a possibility. Also the car sits 3/4" lower up front than the rear. I see the rear having a narrower gap in the pick. Its the driveway. The fender gap on level ground is identical front and rear. Thanks for the compliments guys.

Four cam slam

Bacon Enthusiast
Established Member
Looks great .....nice and clean.:beer: can't wait to drive mine in a few months.:(
Any hints on your cam choice??? Did you add an underdrive pulley also?.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread