Ferrari World Theme Park being built in Abu Dhabi. badass content inside.

taintedme

Established Member
how has this not been posted yet??? pretty incredible:

Ferrai-World-Abu-Dhabi-001.jpg

Abu Dhabi Ferrari Theme Park: Key Facts

General

* World's first Ferrari theme park
* World's largest indoor park
* Opening in 2010
* Owned by Aldar Properties PJSC
* Managed by Farah Leisure Parks Management L.L.C, a joint venture between Aldar Properties PJSC and ProFun Management Group Inc.
* Located on Yas Island on the North East side of Abu Dhabi's mainland
* Yas Island is a 10-minute drive from Abu Dhabi International Airport, 30 minutes from the city of Abu Dhabi, and 50 minutes from Dubai
* Adjacent to the Yas Marina Circuit, hosting the inaugural 2009 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Building

* Designed by globally renown architectural firm Benoy
* Building height is 45m (147.6 ft), with a roof edge circumference of 2,200 m (7217.8 ft)
* Enclosed space (area accessible to the general public) is 100,000 m2 (1,076,391 sq ft)
* Over 35,000 tonnes of steel have been used to reinforce the structure
* Landscaped area around the main building is 450,000 m2 (4,843,759 sq ft)

Roof

* Design inspired by the classic double curve side profile of the Ferrari GT body
* Made from metal and glass designed to reduce glare and heat
* Total surface area is 200,000 m2 (2,152,782 sq ft)
* The Ferrari logo is 65m x 48.5m, the largest Ferrari logo ever created
* Highest point is 48m, with a total of 6,900 meters of roof guttering

Rides

* Designed by one of the world's most prominent design firms Jack Rouse Associates
* Over 20 state-of-the-art rides and attractions.
Featured attractions include:
o The world's fastest roller coaster emulating the feeling of being in an F1 car
o G-force experience taking passengers on an adrenaline-pumping ride up over 62m, through the roof and back down again
o State-of-the-art racing simulators using a similar system as those used by the Ferrari racing team
o Flume ride journey through the heart of a Ferrari 599 engine
o Driving and Racing school for junior drivers, with expert training
o Aerial voyage over Italy following a Ferrari

Food & Beverage

* A broad range of dining, quick service and beverage locations offering Italian inspired delicacies as well as a variety of international dishes.
Highlights include:
o Two restaurants inspired by the real Maranello food experience
o
A true Italian ambiance of a traditional delicatessen, including:
+ Customized fresh pasta and pizza made-to-order
+ An array of international dishes to satisfy all tastes

Shopping

* Visitors can expect a retail experience that celebrates Ferrari's rich heritage in a way never seen before.
Highlights include:
o 825 m2 store celebrating Ferrari's rich history with vintage and contemporary racing memorabilia
o Souvenir photo opportunities for capturing the thrill of the moment
o "Interactive Corners" where children can customize their own park souvenirs
o 1300 m2 flagship store offering Ferrari and special Ferrari World Abu Dhabi items

Ferrari World Theme Park at Abu Dhabi: High-Res Photo Gallery Update - Carscoop

Amazongt

AKA maxstang AKA max97v6
Established Member
Whoever designed that should be shot. Looks like he asked a 9 year old kid to draw something "cool" and thats what he came up with. Great idea though. It would be awesome to have a mustang theme park like that here in the states.

Keyser Soze

Grim Reaper
Established Member
When you can build your own island, you have the cash to do anything you want, even build a Ferrari Theme Park..

61mmstang94

Established Member
Whoever designed that should be shot. Looks like he asked a 9 year old kid to draw something "cool" and thats what he came up with. Great idea though. It would be awesome to have a mustang theme park like that here in the states.

It's supposed to be different, catchy, and iconic. Something that doesn't look like every other building or attraction. I think it does that very well.

Oh, BTW--How exactly do you think this thing should have been built? Since you are a master at designing buildings I'm sure you could have come up with something much better.............................right? :lol1:

Last edited:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
They're bolstering their next resource. Once the wells go dry they'll have to rely on those awesome tourist destinations to keep them afloat. I'd like to visit if I had the coin.

frogsdime

Established Member
I have been to UAE a couple times and i will say when the "Sheik" wants it done it gets done. No matter how much the cost or how long it just gets done. Check out the palm tree island they build to "add more coast line"

And yes that is the point of these attractions is to not solely rely on oil. They are planning for there future.

They also have indoor beaches, like a big greenhouse thats over the ocean and it has air cond in it. Also have a indoor ski sloop in Dubai. Yea thats right an indoor ski sloop in the middle of the damn desert.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
The UAE, putting Vegas to shame since the '90s.

its not hard when you focus all your attention on one city, because thats all you have going for you.

We have New York, Miami, LA, Las vegas, San Francisc, Etc, Etc, Etc. Thats all that place is good for is tourism. im not a fan of F1 but the Abu Dhabi track is ****ing gorgeous.

Their income from oil is slowly withering away, so they are really going apeshit with building up Abu Dhabi for what they hope will be the biggest tourist center since Las Vegas. Sorry, but if i had the money, id still rather be at Vegas. Why? Cause i still retain all my rights as a US citizen, **** around over there and you wont ever bee seen again. Im actually pretty sure i never will step foot in another country, unless its Mexico or Canada and im still running distance from the border.. They are still having a hard time getting people to visit, it costs quite a bit, and in general the mass population of this world really isnt too keen on venturing to that part of the world for "fun".

btw it looks like a red squid with a chrome butthole.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks like Gary with a red coat, from Sponge Bob Square Pants. :lol1: Seriously though, that is one cool park, but one I'll never visit, nor want to. I once wanted to travel to other countries but with the world being what it is now, I'll stay right here in the U.S. If terrorism isn't controlled (mainly from the middle East), I would expect fewer people will want to visit that area of the world. JMO.

s|ck

Established Member
Track looks amazing! :eek:

They're bolstering their next resource. Once the wells go dry they'll have to rely on those awesome tourist destinations to keep them afloat. I'd like to visit if I had the coin.

We're all gonna be dead anyways when that time comes, why not enjoy it now? :banana:

manOwar

Established Member
its not hard when you focus all your attention on one city, because thats all you have going for you.

We have New York, Miami, LA, Las vegas, San Francisc, Etc, Etc, Etc. Thats all that place is good for is tourism. im not a fan of F1 but the Abu Dhabi track is ****ing gorgeous.

Their income from oil is slowly withering away, so they are really going apeshit with building up Abu Dhabi for what they hope will be the biggest tourist center since Las Vegas. Sorry, but if i had the money, id still rather be at Vegas. Why? Cause i still retain all my rights as a US citizen, **** around over there and you wont ever bee seen again. Im actually pretty sure i never will step foot in another country, unless its Mexico or Canada and im still running distance from the border.. They are still having a hard time getting people to visit, it costs quite a bit, and in general the mass population of this world really isnt too keen on venturing to that part of the world for "fun".

btw it looks like a red squid with a chrome butthole.
The UAE's tourism is growing by leaps and bounds. I'm there every 3 months and just missed the opening of the Burj Dubai, the world tallest building during my last trip. The palace is nice to visit. You can even go to the Dubai Autodrome and drive an F1 or TT Audi on the track.

I always stay in Jumeriah Beach/Dubai Marina. My view is of Palm Island where on the end of it, you can see Atlantis as well as the Burj Al Arab, the worlds only 7 Star Hotel. The Sheiks yachet was sitting proudly in the little cove between the hotel and the island.

The wife and I are talking about buying a 40-45' boat so we have a place to stay when we're there vs a hotel.

Here are some links. It's a pretty cool place and the people are friendly. If you ever get a chance, go.

Arabian Adventures, The Destination Management Company | Dubai | Special Interest Activities
Burj Dubai Official Website
Burj Al Arab
Dubai Skyscraper With Rotating Floors

Users who are viewing this thread