Ferrari 488GTB Announced. Smokin Hot. Treynor?!

mavisky

Established Member
I was never huge on the 458 styling, but this new car seems to fix a lot of the problems. Similar to how the 355 looked better than the 348 and the 430 looked better than the 360.

kaz109

Established Member
This car will perform no doubt much like the MP4-12c but now the question is what will separate the two?? Also I have yet to meet a single person that has driven both the 12c and 458 and said they liked the 12c more. Again I am not disputing the performance this 488 will have just saying it lost what made the car special and much more fun to drive which is the rawness of the NA V8

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
I like everything about this car. Another masterpiece by the Italians.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Paddle shifting is for the birds......An option with a manual tranny would be awesome..........and that goes for all the current modern day high end cars (Ferrari, Lambo's, GTR's, etc...)

Part of the reason companies like Ferrari and Lambo stopped making manual transmissions is that no one was buying them. The take right was around 1% if I remember right. Not worth the engineering costs for them.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
This car will perform no doubt much like the MP4-12c but now the question is what will separate the two?? Also I have yet to meet a single person that has driven both the 12c and 458 and said they liked the 12c more. Again I am not disputing the performance this 488 will have just saying it lost what made the car special and much more fun to drive which is the rawness of the NA V8

Pretty sure every comparison I've ever seen of the 12C and 458 have resulted in the 12C being the better car. More scalpel like than passionate yes, but still the better car. In fact, I believe Treynor said the same when he got his 12C.

I agree that some of the passion of a NA Ferrari will be missed, but the fact remains that the future is power adders. There's only so much you can do horsepower wise with a NA V8 street car and Ferrari was scratching the bloody edge with the 458 as it was.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Lol @ this not being a fun car anymore. 660 and 550 is not good or fun enough?
This thing is beautiful and major hp to back it up. I wonder how much can be added with a tune ? :)

kaz109

Established Member
Pretty sure every comparison I've ever seen of the 12C and 458 have resulted in the 12C being the better car. More scalpel like than passionate yes, but still the better car. In fact, I believe Treynor said the same when he got his 12C.

I agree that some of the passion of a NA Ferrari will be missed, but the fact remains that the future is power adders. There's only so much you can do horsepower wise with a NA V8 street car and Ferrari was scratching the bloody edge with the 458 as it was.

You are only echoing what i said. The better car just means better daily and less raw race car like.. And I know Treynor did not say it was better because that is the only question I have ever asked him and he gave his normal round about answer of "both are great and hes glad he doesn't have to choose"

kaz109

Established Member
Lol @ this not being a fun car anymore. 660 and 550 is not good or fun enough?
This thing is beautiful and major hp to back it up. I wonder how much can be added with a tune ? :)

Hp figures only type of guy. Not surprising coming from you but when you drive enough car's you start to notices things like it's not just about the HP but rather how it is delivered.

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member

That's not the reason why they and other manufacturers are going forced induction and mainly turbocharging.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member

Think we're saying the same thing in a different way. We all know Ferrari can make huge HP out of a small N/A V8 if it was never meant for road use but they can't make 660+ anymore and still fall under the regulations in place for street cars. Or if they did, it would have a 10k redline and be a huge bitch as far as drivability goes.

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
CAFE and CO2 emissions primarily.
Look at the engines of the 360, 430, 458 and the natural progression of what would have powered the 488 is clear but they can't anymore. I'm not saying it is a bad direction but I doubt they would have gone that way if the choice was solely up to them.

Porsche Motorsports has come out and said their Motorsport cars (GT3, GT4, GT3 RS) will remain naturally aspirated for some time to come, hell they even made the new Cayman GT4 with a manual only transmission. Luckily they have volume from other models to still be able to do this unlike Ferrari.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Looks soooo much better than the 458. Now I'd have a tough time choosing between the 650S and this 488.

Not that I'd ever have that decision to make... :(

Users who are viewing this thread