Ferrari 488GTB Announced. Smokin Hot. Treynor?!

football76

Established Member
Treynor - I see a Ford GT/Ferrari 488 GTB showdown in the future! :coolman:

Dubbed the 488 GTB, Maranello's latest mid-engined V8 supercar arrives forty years after the debut of the 308 GTB that launched Ferrari into the segment. It packs a 3.9-liter turbocharged V8 offering up 661 horsepower and 560 pound-feet of torque. That represents a 64-horse increase over even the extreme 458 Speciale, and an even more impressive torque boost of 162 lb-ft, despite a decrease in displacement by approximately 600cc. (Ferrari isn't saying exactly how many turbochargers its new forced-induction engine carries, but we're likely looking at a pair of twin-scroll turbos.)

The new engine is said to be enough to propel the new 488 GTB to 62 miles per hour in three seconds flat, to 124 mph in 8.3 seconds and on to a top speed in excess of 205 mph. And at 1 minute 23 seconds, the 488's lap time at is also a good half second faster than the naturally aspirated Speciale and two seconds faster than the Italia. Ferrari says it dedicated significant efforts to keep the engine responsive and the exhaust note enthralling despite the introduction of forced induction – the first time a turbo has been used in mid-engined, eight-cylinder Prancing Horse, since the F40

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/02/03/ferrari-488-gtb-official/
http://jalopnik.com/2016-ferrari-488-gtb-this-is-it-1683354918

View attachment 34844
View attachment 34845
View attachment 34846

Last edited:

football76

Established Member
MMMMMmmmmm.

9ldgyX4.jpg

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Not bad looking. But why not call it a 388? They're gonna have to reboot that naming convention eventually.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Beautiful!! Glad to see them sticking with a V8 and not going V6 Turbo like some.:rollseyes

kaz109

Established Member
Well this sucks. 458 is the last of its kind and will hold its value that much more. I like the look of this 488 but not the powerplant.

kaz109

Established Member
????

Just because it's turbo'd?

Yes...Ferrari made the best NA motors and I am going to miss it. I know turbo will be faster,more fuel effective etc etc but it lacks the rawness. Its a completely different feel

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Well this sucks. 458 is the last of its kind and will hold its value that much more. I like the look of this 488 but not the powerplant.

Wait. What??? :??: Aren't you one of the people riding those other guys' backs about lamenting the use of a turbo V6 in the Ford GT?? Now you're "displeased" with Ferrari using a smaller displacement turbo V8? It's sometimes fascinating to see people's thought processes unfold.

[youtube_browser]nTg7uVU7a7I[/youtube_browser]

I think it looks a lot cleaner than the 458, which itself is a nice looking car.

kaz109

Established Member
Wait. What??? :??: Aren't you one of the people riding those other guys' backs about lamenting the use of a turbo V6 in the Ford GT?? Now you're "displeased" with Ferrari using a smaller displacement turbo V8? It's sometimes fascinating to see people's thought processes unfold.

[youtube_browser]nTg7uVU7a7I[/youtube_browser]

I think it looks a lot cleaner than the 458, which itself is a nice looking car.

lol..you are mistaken to put it nicely. I could go into detail but I don't want to derail the thread.

Ronjon333

Established Member
Paddle shifting is for the birds......An option with a manual tranny would be awesome..........and that goes for all the current modern day high end cars (Ferrari, Lambo's, GTR's, etc...)

Users who are viewing this thread