Fell asleep at the wheel, Flipped

LethalDosage

Banned
Well last night i was on my way home from working out of town, worked from 7am-7pm and figured i'd head home (about 5 hours) since i dident feel one bit tired. I stopped and got an energy drink and figured i'd be ok..i was wrong. About two hours into the trip i had cruise control set at 80 when i dozed off, i woke up just in time to find myself drifting onto the shoulder of the road and was able to correct it and get back on. I knew i was going to have to check into a hotel for the night so i planned on getting off at the next exit. About 10 minutes later the same thing happened, this time when i woke up i was almost all the way off the road on the right hand side. I must have hit something becuase the back pass. side tire blew out and the car went sideways, flipped once and landed on its roof. I slid for about 100ft upside down into the middle of the freeway. Thank god there were no other cars around to hit. Anyways, i ended up with some glass and rocks in my head but nothing too bad. If i would have had a passenger their head could have been crushed by the roof. Lucky me, atleast i was able to salvage my sweet seat covers.

trooper.gif

trooper2.gif

Last edited:

Immortal LuD

Established Member
Soooo, I can understand working a long day and driving a long distance, but after you fell asleep the first time, did you continue to drive with cruise control on and the windows up?...

Glad you're ok!

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
That sucks. Glad everything's o.k. I bet you were awake when that thing flipped! I'm suprised that the loudness of the seat covers didn't keep you awake.

kissmyAZZure

THE BLUE BEAST
Established Member
When I was attending wyotech a few years back it was a 5hr trip home for weekends. That wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that I was in night class which ended at 2am!! I would actually watch the sun rise. I had a few scary moments though where I'd awake to the rumble strips. When that happened I'd drive with my head out the window and find a nice rock station. If that didn't keep me up, I'd pull over for a snooze

Users who are viewing this thread