• Star Wars Episode III :Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 42 28.2%
  • Star Wars Episode IV :A New Hope

Votes: 17 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode V :The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 47 31.5%
  • Star Wars Episode VI :The Return of the Jedi

Votes: 26 17.4%
  • Don't have just one favorite (please tell which ones).

Votes: 13 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
Right now my vote is Return of the Jedi, but I haven't voted on the poll yet since I haven't seen III. Will probably see it Saturday.

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
I always kinda liked return of the jedi the most, it wraps everything up and in some ways It combines A new hope and empire- 1. you have the death star battle in this one like A New hope, 2. you have the lightsaber battle between vader and luke just like empire strikes back.

Defknotzero

Established Member
Empire kicked ass.. Sith was BADASS! I liked jedi too.. A new hope was great.. Phantom and AOTC kinda sucked.. AOTC had its moments tho, as did phantom.

Calebp

Established Member
Episode 3 (which is actually episode 6, because George Lucas, no matter what he wants you to think, didn't write those movies until like 1997) was one of the worst movies I've seen in a long time.

Bad acting, "silly" robots, CGI which looked okay, but will look like shit in two years, no emotion, depth, or awesome violence.

Also, if Yoda is so god damn wise, how come he doesn't understand that I would appreciate hearing his sentences structured properly... a la "I hope, right you are!"

Star Wars sucks, I can't believe they allowed the series to continue.

The only saving grace was when Anakin got burned in the lava part, and that he really did look like he could have been Luke's father.

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
I like all the episodes with Vader.....Empire Strikes Back & ROTJ.

Why? I always HATED the Emperor. I was pleased to see his ruthless character pitched down a reactor shaft by a redeemed Vader, the most complicated character in the whole series.
As far as acting is concerned, Alex Guiness (Ben Kenobi) and Ian McDiarmid (Palpatine) are the best actors of the bunch, because Alec Guiness's personality fit the part, and McDiarmid was unbelievably good at pretending to be nasty.

dbucfan

Established Member
The first and last were the best! But really I love all of em...if i had to pick the worst it would be return of the jedi.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Star wars? i thougth they where for Kids :shrug:

never seen a movie of it :shrug: i think they all lame :shrug:

Where is the...they suck option :poke:

Last edited:

Mach170

evangelist
Established Member
Star wars is an interetsing seriesm or saga. Not sure which is my fav though.

trueblueeyes

Established Member
Even recognizing that Star Wars is campy space opera at its core, nothing beats the originals. It wasn't so much that Lucas was a genius then , but the people around him were also very talented. Ford wasn't afraid to ad-lib lines. Others weren't afraid to push for changes when needed. Empire Strikes Back has always been my favorite (thanks in large part to it's director Irvin Kershner who did a good job of reigning in Lucas). Return of the Jedi signals Lucas's turn to the dark side for me. Stupid Ewoks.... From bad to worse for the prequels. After Lucas had a kid (between Empire and Jedi), he lost his mind and suddenly little furry devils and fart jokes qualify as great script writing. The prequels just didn't turn out well...I'm sure it didn't help that Lucas was surrounded by sycophants who couldn't stick their noses far up his butt. Not even ROTS was good enough to make up for the crap that was TPM and AOTC. I also wonder how much worse it is going to get with the upcoming television series. At least Lucas is making plenty of bucks. The man is a marketing genius...I'll give him that. After the first Prequel hit the theatre I remember seeing everything from action figures to Star Wars themed hemorrhoid creme so he must be doing something right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread