• Star Wars Episode III :Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 42 28.2%
  • Star Wars Episode IV :A New Hope

Votes: 17 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode V :The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 47 31.5%
  • Star Wars Episode VI :The Return of the Jedi

Votes: 26 17.4%
  • Don't have just one favorite (please tell which ones).

Votes: 13 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Episode III is definitely my favorite. Not just because its the newest I just think its the best one. It answers all the questions you have about what leads up to 4-6 and it helps to show what darth vader is really about and why he chose the path he did. Its actually a very sad story. I have heard it compared to something shakespeare would write.

BlownBayou

The Innovator Has Spoken
Established Member
Empire Hands Down!!!!

Now for the order of my preference:

Empire
Revenge
New Hope
Phantom Menace
Return
Attack

Dante of Clerks said it best..... " It ends on such a down note...That is what life is....A series of down notes. "

BlownBayou

The Innovator Has Spoken
Established Member
Just had a thought........The Saber battle at the end of III was AWESOME!!!! Buuuuuuut not the best!!! The best was Qui Gonn and Obi Wan vs. Darth Maul....Without a doubt.....BAD A$$

Later

Griffin

Established Member
Hands down Empire Strikes Back. I still think the fight scene from Phantom Menace between Darth Maul/Obi wan/ Qiu Gon is the best one out of all six of them though.....

Hawaii-50

Established Member
Empire Strikes Back all the way baby, although Episode 3 will be a close second. When Star Wars came out, I was only 7. It just didn't make an impression on me the way Empire did. Now I'm 34, and even though the special effects are 10X better, Empire still rules in my book.

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
Finally saw Revenge of the Sith, and now it is my fav. star wars movie. The Obi vs. DV, was great.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Episode 3 followed by Empire.

Walking out of Episode three I felt it was a much more a "real" movie compared to the previous 2 episodes and most of what episodes 4-6 provided. The acting (especially from Hayden Christiansen) was much more than I expected from a Star Wars film. HC's performance actually made me feel sympathy/sorrow to the various situations while I was watching the movie. The only time I ever felt even remotely drawn into a SW film before E3 was at the end of Return of the Jedi

E3 made up for the -utter crap- that was episode 2. I would have been better off just showing up for the execution scene and on instead of sitting through the sh!t film . It had the least amount of story building in the entire series and about zero action sequence save the last 20 minuets. Attack of the Clones = :sleeping:

My ranking 1-6:
Revenge
Empire
Return
New Hope
Phantom
Attack (probably #6 on 99% of lists)

And no, I'm not a star wars nerd. I own the original 3 on VHS and thats it. I will probably buy the 6 disc full set on DVD during 1 of the umteenth re-releases George Lucas does.

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
I really don't see why everyone think Episode II sucks so much. IMO it had a lot to offer to the story as well as fighting scenes. I don't think the beauty of the movie can be determined merely on just "fight scenes". It was a good merger for Anakin's transition from boyhood to Darth.

I haven't seen Episodes IV-VI in forever, so I'd have to say my fav is Episode III since it really does tie everything together and the action is awesome. The transition was hardcore. Did anyone besides me notice that when Darth Vader was walking towards the Emperor's side at the end, that the background looked extremely 70's-ish? Talk about a downgrade from touchscreens and multitudes of colors...

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
AzianStang said:
I really don't see why everyone think Episode II sucks so much. IMO it had a lot to offer to the story as well as fighting scenes. I don't think the beauty of the movie can be determined merely on just "fight scenes". It was a good merger for Anakin's transition from boyhood to Darth.

I haven't seen Episodes IV-VI in forever, so I'd have to say my fav is Episode III since it really does tie everything together and the action is awesome. The transition was hardcore. Did anyone besides me notice that when Darth Vader was walking towards the Emperor's side at the end, that the background looked extremely 70's-ish? Talk about a downgrade from touchscreens and multitudes of colors...

Thats what i am saying! Did you guys not see that HUGE epic battle with 30+ jedis fighting thousands of robots. That faucking rocked :rockon: .

Episode 3 may be my new favorite now....that movie freaking was sweet :thumbsup:

Blackie

Empire Strikes Back is the best with Revenge Of The Sith a close second.
3. A New Hope
4. Return Of The Jedi
5. Attack Of The Clones
6. Phantom Menace

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
Empire Mother****ers :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Ad Wizard

Love+Peace+BikeGrease
Established Member
I think that for most of us older guys that saw Star Wars when it was first released, the original three will always be the favorite. The prequels were okay, but IMO are lacking. I voted for A New Hope - seen it over 100 times!

poppakap

The Anti Rice
Established Member
I am very surprised for the support of Episode III. I thought it was pretty lame. But, it was much better than the pieces of sh*t known as I and II.
So I think it is V, IV, VI . . . . III . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . II,I

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Just watcing the opening scene alone in III and you knew it was gonna be sweet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread