FastProms C7 Z06 goes 10.5@136 with stock boost, E85, mild bolt ons, 675/665

blk03stang

Established Member
LOL at the haters. This car is very impressive. It has minor bolt on mods with a flexfuel kit. This pass was made on 36% e85 and 64% 93. Fasterproms FTW.

jleews6

Established Member
So the car picked up 100rwhp-ish with just a tune, cai, and long tubes? Bs. Gonna use some svtp logic on this one since it doesn't line up with my expertise. It was SPRAYED!!

I see what your saying here.:poke:

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
LOL at the haters. This car is very impressive. It has minor bolt on mods with a flexfuel kit. This pass was made on 36% e85 and 64% 93. Fasterproms FTW.

They have alrady mentioned it wasnt the easiest car to launch. Hence the 1.75. Id love to see this setup on an A8 car.

Case in point....the ZR1 video posted he cut a 1.73 on stock tires.

Last edited:

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member

blk03stang

Established Member
How long did it have to wait in-between passes?

From Jeremy (the owner of the zo6 and Fasterproms)

"Hey guys I wanted to share our results from the drag strip a few weeks ago. This was our first trip to the track with the lightly modified car. Weather and the track schedule have been keeping us from achieving a better time, 3 of the last 4 weeks have been closed on test and tune night.
The car is a M7 with stg1 Aero and the BOOST IS STOCK- no pulley changes.

Here is a list of what we have modified for Power:
- Fasterproms custom tune by Jeremy Formato.
- Modified air box, and air duct with modified AFE CAI
- Fasterproms Thermal reduction plates That reduce blower heat soak
- Fasterproms Flex fuel kit
- Fasterproms 1.5Gal Expansion tank for greater supercharge coolant capacity
- ARH 1.875 headers

I was only able to make 3 passes as the track had oil down after oil down that night. My second pass the car trapped 136mph but bogged on the 60' on a true hot lap: as fast as i could get back in line and run again. The DA was +999 so it wasn't that ideal of track conditions nor weather. My 60' was a 1.75 and there is MUCH more in the car. Last year We went 10.25@140 w/ a 1.64 60' in our 14' SC stingray that had a different power band. If we could repeat that launch, the car mathematically would run a 10.28ET
It just takes seat time and learning to launch it. The car has a 10.2 -10.1 in it at this power level (675RWHP 665RWTq) at about 137-8 mph depending on 60' and weather. The bottom end TQ is Nasty and will spoil you. Once you have felt that kind of power you will never want to go back to anything less.
The car is truly an amazing vehicle and I have run a few other very fast cars (9.5@150mph 1000RWHP GT500-10.5 @131mph GTR) and they have been very impressed with it overall. While The car may have a few shortcomings in stock trim, we have overcome them with a few light modifications to address heat issues. The proof is here: We can run the car on the dyno back to back and not lose power, I can run the car on the street and track over and over and not have the car heat up to the point of losing power.

The expansion Tank and the Thermal reduction plates are the answer to the heat soaking. Our supercharger has dropped 30-50deg of temp with our prototype plates and the expansion tank with its extra capacity lessens the heat entering the blowers cooling system. More on theses products later.

We also ran the Ocala 1/2 mile event and our speed varied .7 mph despite the conditions. We went 159.2-159.9mph running in the top 1/3 of the competition with VERY light modifications.

I am truly thankful to have the vehicle as I do not deserve it. We are very excited about our new products and the things we will be doing with the car very soon. It is such a blessing that this car has supercharger and that just so happens to be right up our alley.

PS we are extremely busy here and we cannot post that often so please be patient with responses.

Jeremy Formato
Fasterproms "

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
LOL at excuses. +1000da is still BS, mineshaft, border line cheating air.

Border line cheating? So people are now penalized for living in a better DA than someone else? Fastproms is OUT of central florida. Its not like they took it to MIR to make sure it got the best passes it could get.

Bradenton is also their local track..they host NMRA events as well. Should we say the NMRA event there is cheating?

Last edited:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
same times my C6Z ran with heads/cam, 7yrs ago. I'm sure they will get things sorted out, look forward to seeing their progress.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
Border line cheating? So people are now penalized for living in a better DA than someone else? Fastproms is OUT of central florida. Its not like they took it to MIR to make sure it got the best passes it could get.

Bradenton is also their local track..they host NMRA events as well. Should we say the NMRA event there is cheating?

+1000da is OUTSTANDING air, trying to say the car made those runs in less than perfect air is a joke.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
:rollseyes It might be "OUTSTANDING air" for you, but for those of us who actually drag race it is not good air at all. Please move along now troll.

Troll, thats deep. Look stop pretending the air was not all that great, most people who "actually drag race" would kill for that air.

Users who are viewing this thread