Fastest STOCK LONGBLOCK B head Cobras... 1/8 or 1/4 mile. Post 'em here!

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
I was wondering how fast you guys are going on a bone stock longblock. In other words, no internal work done whatsoever.

I've gone a best of 11.6, and I know there is plenty more in it (Still have the stock K member, a crappy intake, and quite a bit of weight. My best 60' was only a 1.65 or so).

Has anybody here gone tens on a stock longblock?

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
I don't have any dyno numbers. The car weighs 3050 or so, but I offset that. At the time of that pass I weighed around 280 (working on that part lol).

I am somewhere around a 150 shot. I had a 150 in it, then added a little larger nitrous jet and messed with the fuel jet to make it safe. I can't remember what size nitrous jet, but for some reason I remember that it's got either a .032 or .033 fuel jet in it.

I have no illusions that the car will run forever- I thought it would have broke a LONG time ago, but it's still tickin'.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
I went 11.79 at 115 on motor with the stock long block. I think the record on motor is 11.30. But with a power adder I thinks 10.50.

ZeroDCX

Established Member
Nice times! What kind of power are you all putting down? How much do your cars weigh? What setup to run those times? (Wynn already answered this).

BOTTLEFED5

booost+spray= me
Established Member
I'm at 550 to the tire on stock motor,made it thru last year gonna hit track after winter no reason if it stays together it shouldn't go 10s

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
98 N/A 4v what is your setup? Any info on the 11.30 car? Great times!

I went 11.79 with 320rwhp at 3050 race weight. A lot of weight reduction (tubular front end, no swap bar, gutted trunk, rear seat delete, no pass seat, etc.)

The 11.30 run was with 325rwhp at 2850 race weight.

-Mark

F8L BYT

Established Member
I went 11.79 with 320rwhp at 3050 race weight. A lot of weight reduction (tubular front end, no swap bar, gutted trunk, rear seat delete, no pass seat, etc.)

The 11.30 run was with 325rwhp at 2850 race weight.

-Mark

What all have you done to get down to that weight, I have mine at 3025 right now, Tubular front, no pass/rear seat. No spare/ mott bar etc. The typical weight reduction is all there, I want it a little lighter though.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
I'm with u f8l byt I'm at 3050 but the added weight of the kenne bell but same thing tube k/ a arms coil overs rear seat gone passenger seat gone get some light race seat for front besides removing the bumper braces and going to glass doors and trunk I think that's about it......maybe a smaller battery but don't want to sacrifice cranking power with a blower either

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
What all have you done to get down to that weight, I have mine at 3025 right now, Tubular front, no pass/rear seat. No spare/ mott bar etc. The typical weight reduction is all there, I want it a little lighter though.

The hardcore parts..... no heater core, sound deadening under carpet, no a/c, no front bumper support, lightweight carbon fiber hood (weighs 12lbs vs the stock 35lb hood), and rear speaker box.

I still have a radio, PS, PB, PW, and stock brakes.

-Mark

ZeroDCX

Established Member

Wasn't his car down to 2900lbs too? He can do some amazing things with these motors. IIRC, There was another guy who broke into 11's with a stock bolt-on 96 Mystic Cobra and slicks. Can't remember his name though. He ended up swapping to a T56 and went slower though.

Edit: His name was NVRL8TE and broke into 12's with bolt-ons and drag radials.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread