Fastest Stock Car Lap At Nurburgring Ever. New Lambo Beats Porsche

oldmodman

Established Member
The new Lamborghini Huracan Performante with active Aero has done a lap in 6:52.01
Top speed at the end of the long straight was 304kph. Or 188.897mph. Pretty incredible lap time for such a "slow" seeming top speed?
No Turbos. No Hybrid. Just an engine and their new active Aero flaps that open and close to load each end, and side to side or even each corner of the car as needed.
It beat the previous best time set by the Porsche 918

Recon

Established Member
That's impressive. Good job Lamborghini.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

oldmodman

Established Member
Yep, it's a pretty amazing car. I read one test report where the driver said that with the Aero and all the other available driver aids that even a mediocre driver can now safely run some amazing lap times.
Sucks that now that I could actually afford it I'm too old to really want it that much and even if I did I couldn't fit in it anymore.
Oh well. I'll just keep building that new engine for my 03 Cobra.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Yep, it's a pretty amazing car. I read one test report where the driver said that with the Aero and all the other available driver aids that even a mediocre driver can now safely run some amazing lap times.
Sucks that now that I could actually afford it I'm too old to really want it that much and even if I did I couldn't fit in it anymore.
Oh well. I'll just keep building that new engine for my 03 Cobra.
It'll probably be a drivers race with your 03.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
190mph at the end of the straight is slow? What's fast?

Well the Dottinger Hohe (the straight) is about 12.5 miles long so it's slow in the sense that that is probably the aero top speed.

Edit: Yup wasn't paying attention to the lengths being cumulative.

Last edited:

rdrkt

Established Member
Lamborghini said the same thing about the Aventador SV but it didn't translate into the real world

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

paintless302

Established Member
The amount of car control, smoothness, and overall track knowledge exhibited by that driver. Speechless.

DDmG_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Users who are viewing this thread