Fastest Stock Car Lap At Nurburgring Ever. New Lambo Beats Porsche

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
The new Lamborghini Huracan Performante with active Aero has done a lap in 6:52.01
Top speed at the end of the long straight was 304kph. Or 188.897mph. Pretty incredible lap time for such a "slow" seeming top speed?
No Turbos. No Hybrid. Just an engine and their new active Aero flaps that open and close to load each end, and side to side or even each corner of the car as needed.
It beat the previous best time set by the Porsche 918

Nothing like the Italians pissing in Germany's front yard. Game on!

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
What's most impressive about this for me is the statement that they were only given 15 minutes of track time. It's not like they were out there making laps and tweaking the car to make it faster and faster all day long like most manufacturers do. They simply showed up, ran it, beat the record and left. #dropthemic

Behind the wheel was Marco Mapelli - the same test driver who clocked the 6:59 in the Aventador SV. He was given just a 15 minute window of closed track time on 5 October 2016, allowing for just one attempt, which yielded a 6:52.01 lap.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member

Lmao yea, was replying between doing stuff at work and wasn't paying attention. The lengths I was looking at were cumulative, hey we all bury a probe on Mars now and then. It's really like 3/4 mile, still probably close to the top speed.

Now I feel like I should recheck what I was working for work at the time to make sure I don't blow something up haha

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The time is being disputed. The ACR that ran 7:12 was with a car literally off the dealer lot. I would like to see Lamborghini, Porsche and Nissan use cars right off the lot. Also, tested by an independent group.

http://jalopnik.com/did-lamborghini-fake-its-record-breaking-nurburgring-la-1792933570

Horst Von Saurma from sport auto has run many cars in independent test. When comparing sport auto runs with the manufacturer Porsche was closest then Nissan then gm.
GT2RS was 6 secs difference
11 GTR was 10 secs difference
ZR1 was 18 secs difference

I wonder why I question gm times....

rdrkt

Established Member
Like no way! You mean everyone who buys one isn't a professional racer?!
No the actual owners weren't hitting the supposed performance numbers. Think Nissan using race gas and more boost in their ring car

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread