Fastest n/a Boss qtr mile pass???

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
Does anyone know of an n/a Boss that has gone faster down the qtr mile?

There is a guy in the Maryland area named Marco. I believe he has gone faster N/A. I will find out. I'll message him on FB.

Here is his car.

417332_10150574829677191_620922190_9500256_69676391_n.jpg

Last edited:

Bad Intention

Established Member
Nice run's. Glad to see more people with tune's from JMS.[/QUOTE

I need a tune and cai.I might see low 7's in the 1/8 with those mods,but I don't even have a 1,000 miles on the car yet and hate to void the warrenty this early.

If you want to maintain factory waranty you can get FRPP pro cal. there is 2 cars local to me running great. 1 is a stick running 11.9x and other is auto that ran 12.02.

But when you do decide to get after market tune JMS does some good work.

jake74

Established Member
If you want to maintain factory waranty you can get FRPP pro cal. there is 2 cars local to me running great. 1 is a stick running 11.9x and other is auto that ran 12.02.

But when you do decide to get after market tune JMS does some good work.

I thought about a bama tune.Do you think JMS would be the better route?

Shaun@AED

dang, where did you find 200lbs?!! What kind of clutch and driveshaft are you running? Any other suspension mods? You have some strong et's/mph!!!

200lbs is pretty easy.
Dynatech DS, stock clutch.
Bigs/littles, rear seat delete, FX1 Pro front seats, no strut tower brace, no junk in the trunk, chromoly radiator support, etc.
Tokico D's and Steeda Ultralite springs all the way around. Not a drag setup, my best 60's are 1.55 and I average 1.58-1.62

I just found another 50lbs of rotating weight!
Switching wheels 3lbs each, going from front radials to bias 10lbs each, and 2-piece rotors all around 5lbs front 4 lbs rear (each).

jake74

Established Member
I'm thinking of going the easy route to low 7's in the 1/8 and maybe high 10's in the 1/4 with a 100 shot of spray.Do ya'll think I can get away with this without a tune?

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I'm thinking of going the easy route to low 7's in the 1/8 and maybe high 10's in the 1/4 with a 100 shot of spray.Do ya'll think I can get away with this without a tune?

I would absolutely not spray your Boss without a tune, it's just not worth it :nonono:

Shaun@AED

A local customer when 11.2 with his 2013 Boss not too long ago.
Full exhaust, CAI, E85, good hook and some weight removed.

Boss949

Established Member
Burnin4

Like Mr. Freeze, I'm also curious. Launch RPM and shift points?

Excellent run from that youtube in 2012

anything recent?

Unrealford

Established Member
Burnin4

Like Mr. Freeze, I'm also curious. Launch RPM and shift points?

Excellent run from that youtube in 2012

anything recent?

Burnin4 sold his Boss awhile ago. He moves on to other cars pretty quick. But this time was for his sons sports, family etc

sean04

Established Member
Auto's are definitely faster in the qtr but I love shifting gears. If my Boss was used exclusively for a drag car then I would install an auto.

Totally depends on the combo. Usually low power cars like we have stock do better with a manual trans.

Last time time I checked in on the coyote stock class the auto cars
We're getting there asses handed to them by the stick cats. they were about 5 tenths off of the manual cars.

And I heard that guy with the boss running 11.2's is going to go much faster soon:burnout:

svt1111

Established Member
Totally depends on the combo. Usually low power cars like we have stock do better with a manual trans.

Last time time I checked in on the coyote stock class the auto cars
We're getting there asses handed to them by the stick cats. they were about 5 tenths off of the manual cars.

And I heard that guy with the boss running 11.2's is going to go much faster soon:burnout:

Don't be too quick to discredit the auto 5.0's. Mine went 12.9 bone stock on 235 all season tires and 800 miles on the car. My stock Boss went 12.44 bone stock, stock tires. DA was comparable with both times, same track. I am an average driver. The new 6 speed autos are respectable no question. They just need the right tuner. You're correct about .5 tenths off though, no doubt. The auto does level the playing field for the average Joe though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread