Fastest n/a Boss qtr mile pass???

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I went back to the drag strip today, this time with the AT/TC turned off :rollseyes. I managed to lower my et's but I was 4 mph slower then 2 weeks ago :cuss:. The DA today was 204ft/ZMax drag strip compared to negative 758ft/Rockingham drag strip (962ft difference). Here was my best pass today...

photo-29.gif

I guess the difference of 962ft in DA really impacted my trap speed. I was pretty upset with my mph but happy to discover that it was my AT/TC that was killing my et's 2 weeks ago in Rockingham and not my clutch.

Anyway, I'll upload my vids a little later tonight and post them up.

I also made an 11.6 and 2 11.7 pass's, fun day at the strip, met several fellow mustang owners :rockon:

Does anyone know of an n/a Boss that has gone faster down the qtr mile?

Last edited:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Very nice. Mods and a picture of your car at the track, please :p

I have most of my pass's on vid as well as in-cabin GoPro footage. I'll try to post them up soon :beer:

Mods: AR lt headers with cats, magnaflow catback, Airaid cai, JMS tune, RT-S Welds with mt's.

Last edited:

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
11.5`s with those mods is just redonkulous. Love it.

I guess I've seen your videos too. Keep them coming!!!!

Last edited:

jake74

Established Member
I went to my local 1/8 mile track today with my boss and laid down some good times.My mods are LCA's,mgw shifter and mt et streets.First pass is with trackey and only launched at 5000 rpm's second pass stock key launching at 6500 rpm's which is fastest pass.Here are my slips i'm the one on the right side of both slip's.Trackey pass 7.84 at 94mph 1.79 60ft,stock key pass 7.57 at 95mph with 1.66 60ft.Check out the runs with my youtube links below.
bosstrack006.jpg

bosstrack007.jpg

Here's the video.Sorry for quality my wife was useing an iphone.First video is the 7.84 pass second video is 7.57 pass.

http://youtu.be/TBFxqbrziao
http://youtu.be/e6bDAUapyfI

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

Welcome to my world!
I managed a best yesterday of 11.251 @117.3
Best MPH of the day was 119.3
Best 1/8th was 7.18 @99.3

Best EVER on gasoline (in better air) was 11.1 @122.xMPH and 100MPH in the 1/8th.

These cars are really affected by DA 1/8th to 1/4. 1/8th seems to be pretty close.

Actually, it's comforting to see your results! LOL

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Welcome to my world!
I managed a best yesterday of 11.251 @117.3
Best MPH of the day was 119.3
Best 1/8th was 7.18 @99.3

Best EVER on gasoline (in better air) was 11.1 @122.xMPH and 100MPH in the 1/8th.

These cars are really affected by DA 1/8th to 1/4. 1/8th seems to be pretty close.

Actually, it's comforting to see your results! LOL

Haha! Yeah, the conditions were not that great yesterday but I still had fun. I was trapping 98/123+ 2 weeks ago with my traction control turned on :dw:.

What are your mods? Weight reduction? amazing times :beer:

Last edited:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I went to my local 1/8 mile track today with my boss and laid down some good times.My mods are LCA's,mgw shifter and mt et streets.First pass is with trackey and only launched at 5000 rpm's second pass stock key launching at 6500 rpm's which is fastest pass.Here are my slips i'm the one on the right side of both slip's.Trackey pass 7.84 at 94mph 1.79 60ft,stock key pass 7.57 at 95mph with 1.66 60ft.Check out the runs with my youtube links below.

Here's the video.Sorry for quality my wife was useing an iphone.First video is the 7.84 pass second video is 7.57 pass.

http://youtu.be/TBFxqbrziao
http://youtu.be/e6bDAUapyfI

very nice! Looks like you might be the 2nd fastest :lol1:

Shaun@AED

Haha! Yeah, the conditions were not that great yesterday but I still had fun. I was trapping 98/123+ 2 weeks ago with my traction control turned on :dw:. I'm still running a mail tune, would like to get a custom tune to see if there is any power still left in her.

What are your mods? Weight reduction? amazing times :beer:

Just a GT with some exhaust, ported intake, tune, and 200ish lbs of reduced weight.
My best on E85 is 11.07 @123.5 in stelar conditions. I'm hoping swapping back to E85 will cool the engine enough to duplicate those times..... Probably wishfull thinking till sub zero DA comes back.

jake74

Established Member
It was 70 and sunny at track today.Perfect conditions.I am going to go to my closest 1/4 mile track in a few weeks which is an hour drive away and see what it will do.I really need to buy some drag wheels and tires for the car to shed some weight.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
It was 70 and sunny at track today.Perfect conditions.I am going to go to my closest 1/4 mile track in a few weeks which is an hour drive away and see what it will do.I really need to buy some drag wheels and tires for the car to shed some weight.

Which 1/8 drag strip were you at in La?

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Just a GT with some exhaust, ported intake, tune, and 200ish lbs of reduced weight.
My best on E85 is 11.07 @123.5 in stelar conditions. I'm hoping swapping back to E85 will cool the engine enough to duplicate those times..... Probably wishfull thinking till sub zero DA comes back.

dang, where did you find 200lbs?!! What kind of clutch and driveshaft are you running? Any other suspension mods? You have some strong et's/mph!!!

svt1111

Established Member
Hey burnin4-

Did you ever get your line lock installed? So, the clutch is fine?

Nice passes by the way.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Hey burnin4-

Did you ever get your line lock installed? So, the clutch is fine?

Nice passes by the way.

yeah, my clutch is perfect, haha! I was only hitting the tc button once instead of holding it down for 7 seconds. the advancetrac or whatever was killing my power, thought it was the clutch since I 'thought' I had turned it off. I held down the tc button for 7 seconds on every pass yesterday, was able to cut 1.6's and grab every gear without it bogging....just a damn shame that I couldnt have figured that out 2 weeks ago when I had excellent conditions in Rockingham :nonono:.

No line lock, I figured out how to do a 2nd gear burnout.

Checkout this burnout :-D. It wasn't my best pass but at least the burnout was nasty :rockon:. I left that Z sittin, cut a .0 reaction time and a 1.74 60ft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6h5lSjB-WY&feature=g-upl&context=G2c3962aAUAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited:

jake74

Established Member
yeah, my clutch is perfect, haha! I was only hitting the tc button once instead of holding it down for 7 seconds. the advancetrac or whatever was killing my power, thought it was the clutch since I 'thought' I had turned it off. I held down the tc button for 7 seconds on every pass yesterday, was able to cut 1.6's and grab every gear without it bogging....just a damn shame that I couldnt have figured that out 2 weeks ago when I had excellent conditions in Rockingham :nonono:.

No line lock, I figured out how to do a 2nd gear burnout.

I also held my brake and held down the tc button for 7 seconds before all of my runs.I did my burnout's in 2nd gear.The way I do it is hold the brake with the heal of my right foot and give it throttle with the tow of my right foot at the same time.I used to run a 1990 notch 5 speed so I got good at the burnout thing with a stick.

Users who are viewing this thread