Fastest cars for under $50K

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hate to say it but...my favorite car on that list is the Hyundai Genesis Sedan. I saw one on the highway the other day and IMO, is one sexy car!? Never thought I'd use Hyundai and sexy in the same post.

I've never driven in one but my wife and I have sat in one at her dealer's. It is one hell of a car for the money. The interior is ultra luxury. Good looking car inside and out. I'm taking my wife to test drive the new 2012 Hyundai Azera. The improvements from her 2009 Azera are plentiful.

Hyundai has really come a LONG way. No longer are they a sub-par auto manufacturer. They're right up there with the best.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry, but gots to chime in on all the Hyundai love.... They are a cheap imitation of much better products. If you want the real deal you have to buy the real deal, and they ain't it.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
I've never driven in one but my wife and I have sat in one at her dealer's. It is one hell of a car for the money. The interior is ultra luxury. Good looking car inside and out. I'm taking my wife to test drive the new 2012 Hyundai Azera. The improvements from her 2009 Azera are plentiful.

Hyundai has really come a LONG way. No longer are they a sub-par auto manufacturer. They're right up there with the best.

true although there have been MAJOR complaints about none of their cars reaching anywhere near the advertised mpgs

Sorry, but gots to chime in on all the Hyundai love.... They are a cheap imitation of much better products. If you want the real deal you have to buy the real deal, and they ain't it.

WRONG

unless you mean they take on cars out of their price range and compete well then yes.

Oh wait doesnt the mustang do that and praise for it all the time?

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I am surprised my little BMW 135i did not make it at 330 hp at 3300lbs. I got mine at 41K or so. Maybe they have jumped in price. I did get mine under the military sales program which is under MSPR.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

Are you saying that because of its old reputation. I checked them out and was impressed. It seems the quality has risen exponentially over the years. The Koreans are hard and dedicated workers.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Wow the Genesis looks straight up sexy and luxorious!!!
I've been eyeing Hyundai a lot and they've been getting the best bang for buck (IMO) as far as luxury and options go.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Are you saying that because of its old reputation. I checked them out and was impressed. It seems the quality has risen exponentially over the years. The Koreans are hard and dedicated workers.

The cool thing about being the underdog is that you can fight your way to the top quite easily. Once you're there, you get lazy and complacent, expecting your reputation to make up for your slip in quality and styling. cough*bigthree*cough

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I would love to see that 5.0 engine make it into the Genesis coupe.
3,315 pounds with a 429-HP 32-valve 5.0L engine would put its Power-Curb Weight Ratio at 7.7!
That would place it right between the Shelby GT500 and the Boss 302 on this Top 10 list.
That thing would be a freaking rocket! :rockon:

Yup, two things working against that, tbe left and right shock towers. The Tau 5.0 literally cannot fit in the current Gen Coupe engine bay.

Another thing to think about, their current price point sucks. A 2.0t is $25k OTD if you get lucky, with a loaded 3.8 being low to mid $30's. Thats 5.0 GT territory already with a 100+hp defecit. They would need to price their 5.0 at that level to be competitive in the pony car market, and I dont see them trying to do that anymore. I think theyre more about going after the G37/370z's with their 3.8l offering. Though id love to see a 5.0 Gen Coupe with 430hp/6spd in the mix. Goodbye Challenger and Camaro, that little Genesis is very good in the turns especially the rspec/track package models.

I want a Gen Coupe for my next car but will likely have to go used to get the price and options I want. The '13s wont have a track model 2.0t and the Rspec lacks cruise and steering wheel controls. The performance increase on the 2.0t is only due to them switching to the EvoX twin scroll turbo in lieu of a detuned single scroll one for the last run models, which you can do that swap yourself.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
With regard to the Genesis coupe ,Rhy Millen got it done, but it does look like they shoe horned that TAU 5.0 in there! Still there appears to be some room to spare

Rhy Millen 5.0 Genesis coupe

IMG_0208.JPG

Last edited:

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
I know that article is all brand new cars but used it the way to go. You can get a 09+ ctsv, with super low miles, still on factory warr. for mid 40s. Very fast car and stickers in the 60s.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member

Certainly the percieved value of a brand is a reflection of its reputation. I am basing my remarks on the many reviews I have read, heard, and cars I have driven that back up what I stated above.

Users who are viewing this thread