Fastest cars for under $50K

jrandy

Established Member
im not surprised one bit about the gt500, but did they exclude the 5.0 for a reason?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
They had a boss 5.0 in that list. Would be redundant to have a base 5.0 as well.

Think they were trying to keep it diverse as possible, though seeing both the G37/370z was a bit redundant since theyre only difference is minor chassis and body skins.

sja177

Established Member
im not surprised one bit about the gt500, but did they exclude the 5.0 for a reason?

Probably because they just decided to use the boss in its place. Same reason they used only the nismo Z instead of the regular 370... it would have been right next to it and saturated the list.

Edit: Looks like I was beaten to the punch

Last edited:

G04cobra

Established Member
Pretty interesting article and they have the new Shelby and Boss as #1 and #2 based on the power to weight ratio. I calculated my power to weight ratio ( assuming 20% drive train loss and curb weight of 3780) and came up with a power to weight ratio of 6.15

Anyone have any experience with the rest of the cars listed?

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
Good to see the first 6 were American cars. You know if they upped the price that would be a lot different.....ie..Porsche, Audi, etc..

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Good to see the first 6 were American cars. You know if they upped the price that would be a lot different.....ie..Porsche, Audi, etc..
I think the point was to keep it in the affordable for the average joe range.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
50k for a hyundai!!! Wtf? :dw:

People pay $55k for a fast suv (SRT8 Cheep) made by an even worse company than Hyundai.......

8spd auto (flappy paddle too iirc), 430hp 5.0L motor, RWD. SHO Taurus is right at $40k iirc with a bit less HP but AWD. IMO though both the SHO and what would rival the Genesis Sedan RSpec if it was still in production, the G8 GTP, still look far better. Genesis Sedan just looks bland IMO, like the designers got to spend more time on the Coupe (which is how it should be).

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
Hate to say it but...my favorite car on that list is the Hyundai Genesis Sedan. I saw one on the highway the other day and IMO, is one sexy car!? Never thought I'd use Hyundai and sexy in the same post.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Cool list, but how on earth did they rank them? There's no logical order in any of the numbers they gave.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
a 429hp hyundai?! I'll have to look into that.

I would love to see that 5.0 engine make it into the Genesis coupe.
3,315 pounds with a 429-HP 32-valve 5.0L engine would put its Power-Curb Weight Ratio at 7.7!
That would place it right between the Shelby GT500 and the Boss 302 on this Top 10 list.
That thing would be a freaking rocket! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread