Fastest 6 speed GT500

1320 Junkie

Established Member
we need 2 et's... one for each car...

Just to be fair...Jim Larocca will be piloting my car at the event...hes 50lbs lighter than me and im unafraid to admit it a much more seasoned driver. So make your predictions accordingly lol

BMR Tech

Watch Birdocs 8.80 run compared to the other fast cars here, Birdocs front end goes up and barely twitches on the shifts. All the other cars I see including my own are bucking bronco's with the nose dive.

http://vid.carbuzz.com/is-this-the-fastest-six-speed-shelby-gt500-on-the-planet/?utm_source=436

It is because he runs a very good spring/damper combo. Not off the shelf stock style stuff.

When you run $3500+ worth of coilovers, etc, these are the results you will get.

Also, LDC did a great job on setting the geometry and suspension up.

But what they don't know is that we've secretly switched that slip with a slip from a stock S550 Mustang GT w/ automatic transmission straight off the showroom floor because everybody knows GT500s are shit for drag racing, the engines are useless boat anchors, and it's impossible to run 8s with a manual transmission.

OR...

He must have over 100 grand into his car to get it into the 8s. He could've done even faster with an automatic S550 Mustang GT for $40K tops, including the price of the car!

I got a laugh out of that. lol

But, the "OR" part is close to being accurate. That car, when it went went 8.80's with manual trans, total build cost was likely close to $130K or so. Solid chance that it could indeed have $100K in mods. It definitely does now as I type this.

Not taking credit away - that car is up there with one of my favorites. But I know the parts involved, and their prices. That was a serious set-up. ;)

Blackmax

Established Member
It is because he runs a very good spring/damper combo. Not off the shelf stock style stuff.

When you run $3500+ worth of coilovers, etc, these are the results you will get.

Also, LDC did a great job on setting the geometry and suspension up.

I got a laugh out of that. lol

But, the "OR" part is close to being accurate. That car, when it went went 8.80's with manual trans, total build cost was likely close to $130K or so. Solid chance that it could indeed have $100K in mods. It definitely does now as I type this.

Not taking credit away - that car is up there with one of my favorites. But I know the parts involved, and their prices. That was a serious set-up. ;)

The other thing that helps is a faceplated type transmission like a Lenco,Jerico or G Force but I prefer to see how far I can take the stock tranny. These trannies are pretty expensive and at that point you really should just go auto.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
You should drive. You'll find it hard to boast about another driver's performance in your own car.

If i had my license i would..but i dont and wont have time to do so. I can drive very well and ill be behind the wheel during testing just as much as jimmy so no worries there...my car, my money, my time and my wrenching built this car so i have no problem posting what Jim runs in my car.

Because Jimmy had a HUGE roll in this build he deserves as much credit as i do honestly so it really doesnt matter whos driving.....it only matters to people who have a problem when other people succeed. I dont see people bitching at lethal that Jeremy Morterella drives all their cars....Jared should technically be driving them all correct? What about BPS...Sylvain should drive no? Just saying...i didnt HIRE Jimmy...he is part or should i say I am a part of his group and we all help each other.

And for the record...each time Jimmy drove my car prior i out drove him by .01 so me not being behind the wheel doesnt mean as much in total outcome like people think. If he had more seat time he would def out drive me though i wont deny that...the man is a legend and would embarass 99.99% of the members on here driver vs driver so no shame in my game...lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread