Fan comes on only when browsing this site

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Random observation I noticed over the last month or so...the fan on my laptop comes on whenever I come onto this site. Just seems really laggy and it seems like it's a lot of work just to use the site. Never used to do it before. Not sure if anyone else noticed.

I have a Macbook Pro upgraded to handle lots of photo editing and graphic design stuff and it doesn't even flinch :shrug:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
My Macbook Pro does the same thing. Get's hot as hell whenever I'm here or CBS Sports. It's gotta have something to do with the massive amounts of animated ads on the screen.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I've been running smooth as glass on here for quite a while, and I'me on a 3 year old Surface Pro 2.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Adblock ftw. My computer can't handle this site even with just one tab open. I can have multiple youtube, email etc sites open no problem but this one is super laggy. I finally broke down and just installed adblocker, it runs like a champ now.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Adblock ftw. My computer can't handle this site even with just one tab open. I can have multiple youtube, email etc sites open no problem but this one is super laggy. I finally broke down and just installed adblocker, it runs like a champ now.

Thanks! I'm going to have to check that out.
My home pc gets super laggy and the fan runs like crazy! Really annoying. Thanks for posting that!

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
AdBlock worked for me as well. I couldn't even use this site before it for some reason. Forgot I posted this or else I would have updated sooner. Thanks TBCobra!

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Ad block and turn signatures off. Everyone has to have a .gif or huge pic with active sparkles on their ride... lol.

mooch91

Established Member
Same issue for me. My computer slows to a crawl and fan runs continuously while on this site. One of few that does it to me.

I added it to my "restricted sites" security group in Internet Explorer, which turns off all scripting among a few other things, and it's been great. Not a peep. I lose some functionality (I can't see which threads I've visited, no longer get thread pop-up previews when hovering) but it's a better alternative for me.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
He's the one guy other than Bill gates that still uses it.

Users who are viewing this thread