Falls on face while shift WOT with n2mb box?

03silverterm8r

Established Member
Ok guys I bought this car with a n2mb box already on it. I havnt touched it.. dont even know how it works. My car is a 2.75 upper only cai offroad x and maggi catback. When i shift at wot it bogs back fires blue flames than goes agian. It seems like its over fueling or something. My MAF counts at wot are peaking 992 in 88* weather. Anyone have aby similar prob?

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Try adjusting the time of cut for shifting. You can dl a program off their website or do the flash adjustment detailed in their website. Mine is set for 300ms, had a stutter/backfire problem at 350ms.

03silverterm8r

Established Member
Try adjusting the time of cut for shifting. You can dl a program off their website or do the flash adjustment detailed in their website. Mine is set for 300ms, had a stutter/backfire problem at 350ms.

Cool ... does it have an on and off button or switch. That way i can try a pull with it completely off. Or would the car not run right without it off?

1s9v9t7

Demand It All
Established Member
When you get it fixed and running right, let us know how you like the WOT shifting. Been thinking about getting one. Good luck!

03silverterm8r

Established Member
Well i disconnected the WoT box completely to see if it would change but no dice if i shift above 6000 rmp it falls on its face sputters than pulls agian.. wtf? Anything less than 6k it shifts fine?

racebronco2

Established Member
Well i disconnected the WoT box completely to see if it would change but no dice if i shift above 6000 rmp it falls on its face sputters than pulls agian.. wtf? Anything less than 6k it shifts fine?

It you lift off the throttle when you shift that's the problem. You need to shift faster or get the pprv delete. When i drag race it never happens, It only happens when i open track. If you look at the video below my car falls back very little on the shifts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsitops5Beo&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

TermiN8er

Corn Fed Beast
Established Member
It you lift off the throttle when you shift that's the problem. You need to shift faster or get the pprv delete. When i drag race it never happens, It only happens when i open track. If you look at the video below my car falls back very little on the shifts.
Mustang Cobra vs CLS63 TT-Shift S3ctor event at Big Willow June 9th 2012 - YouTube

I know you said it was off but, if you lift when you shift and the N2MB is on you will also confuse it. the program is designed to work in a certain voltage range on the Throttle position. If you lift below the "window" you will cause it to go in and out of the range and it will load up and then backfire when you get back on it. I keep the throttle to the floor and just jam gears.... flames, pop, and loud exhaust passing usually adds insult to injury!! :rockon:

(Mine pops and throws flames at 350 also... will have to try 300ms. ;-))

03silverterm8r

Established Member
Well guys looks like i found the prob. Nutrual rev limit.. drive was set at 6400 but nut was set at 6100. I upped upped it to 6400 also n bam.. no falling on face. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread