BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I thought a strong faith in God was a psychiatric illness

[youtube_browser]qgXE91CzmJQ[/youtube_browser]

Last edited by a moderator:

jasonmark1993

Banned
That has to be so tough, really makes you reconsider what your problems are when you hear stories like this.

Correct. When you start feeling sorry for yourself, just look around and you'll see others that have it even worse. I just think of all the other poor kids Ive seen or our service members that come home paralyzed or missing limbs.

Again, I don't want to bash people that believe in God and what He provides them. I have had some strong words for a few people that have gotten a little pushy with it.

I did have a cool thing happen the other day though. Some young men on a mission came to my house and for the first time I didn't just say no thanks and close the door. We talked for a few minutes and I asked them about the Sandy Hook school shooting and how God could let that happen. They responded that not everyone is one of God's agents. I thought that was pretty cool. They werent pushy at all. They apologized for what my daughter is going through and then thanked me for my honesty.

Like anything else, I think its best to just kindof be in the middle and not to hard set one way or the other.

7.62x51

Established Member
That has to be so tough, really makes you reconsider what your problems are when you hear stories like this.

Correct. When you start feeling sorry for yourself, just look around and you'll see others that have it even worse. I just think of all the other poor kids Ive seen or our service members that come home paralyzed or missing limbs.

Again, I don't want to bash people that believe in God and what He provides them. I have had some strong words for a few people that have gotten a little pushy with it.

I did have a cool thing happen the other day though. Some young men on a mission came to my house and for the first time I didn't just say no thanks and close the door. We talked for a few minutes and I asked them about the Sandy Hook school shooting and how God could let that happen. They responded that not everyone is one of God's agents. I thought that was pretty cool. They werent pushy at all. They apologized for what my daughter is going through and then thanked me for my honesty.

Like anything else, I think its best to just kindof be in the middle and not to hard set one way or the other.

I'm very sorry about your daughter. That is a tough situation man.

We live in a fallen world. Bad things happen to good people. I watched my oldest brother suffer for years in a wheelchair while suffering from CP before he finally passed on in 2007.

God didn't want him to die. God does not desire anyone to have disease, hunger, or any type of suffering.

We easily forget that we are governed by a very dark presence in this world, and we all suffer from it to some extent.

I do know this much. This life is temporary. It's the prelude. All will be made complete soon enough.

Stay up brother. The wife and I will spend some time in prayer for your family.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
This...

But you know the bible thumpers will say "God works in mysterious ways."

:bs:

Like my overly religious coworker's mother dying of cancer. I felt bad for her but when I heard her say, "It's ok, my mom got everything she prayed for before dying." I had to walk away.

She didn't pray for a cure? She didn't pray for one last trip to the beach? What should be said is she knew she was dying, and greater reduced her hopes and dream to very small stuff like seeing her kids one last time.

I later heard her say something like, "God must have know I could handle this." :dw:

jasonmark1993

Banned
I'm very sorry about your daughter. That is a tough situation man.

We live in a fallen world. Bad things happen to good people. I watched my oldest brother suffer for years in a wheelchair while suffering from CP before he finally passed on in 2007.

God didn't want him to die. God does not desire anyone to have disease, hunger, or any type of suffering.

We easily forget that we are governed by a very dark presence in this world, and we all suffer from it to some extent.

I do know this much. This life is temporary. It's the prelude. All will be made complete soon enough.

Stay up brother. The wife and I will spend some time in prayer for your family.

Thanks brother

If I can ask how old your brother was when he passed?

jasonmark1993

Banned
Like my overly religious coworker's mother dying of cancer. I felt bad for her but when I heard her say, "It's ok, my mom got everything she prayed for before dying." I had to walk away.

She didn't pray for a cure? She didn't pray for one last trip to the beach? What should be said is she knew she was dying, and greater reduced her hopes and dream to very small stuff like seeing her kids one last time.

I later heard her say something like, "God must have know I could handle this." :dw:

I hear my wife say something similar; or people say it to both of us. That God gave us our daughter because he knew we could handle it. But then I want to say, fine, who cares about me, what about my kid. She can't handle it. I feel worse for kids that never get a chance at any real life experience.

Oh well. One foot in front of the other, keep on trucking.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
LOL

Three of the top five happiest countries in the world are also in the top 10 of the least religious countries in the world.

As matter of fact, with the exception of a couple of former Soviet states [and Mongolia], where religion was actively suppressed, the top 11 least religious countries are the ones with the highest living standards:

aajf8as8zessxcr8-cvohw.gif

The top 11 most religious countries are mostly living under Third World standards, with the exception of the UAE:

geedlkjxekcm9e3urbqmqa.gif

So the typical SVTP bible-thumper will say: "But wait, most of those Third World, religious countries are mostly Muslim. It's the wrong religion, so you can't throw that in the face of us Christians!"

Well, let's look at this then:

Christian_distribution.png

Another interesting thing is, the most religious state in the US by percentage is also one of the least educated [by percentage of HS and College graduates]: Mississippi. In the meantime, two of the least religious states in the US, Vermont and New Hampshire, count as the two highest-educated states in the US.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I will stay out if this except to say Wurd, good on you for your honesty. Most people on either side would rather ignore or hide than to post anything that might give the other side ground to stand on. You've always been a respectable guy in my book, just different beliefs.

Second. Jasonmark, nothing hurts me more than to see or hear about a child suffering. We all deal with horrible tragedies in our lives, some worse than others, but children simply don't deserve it for they are truly innocent. Continue to stand strong with your wife, and I too will stand in prayer for your daughter's health and healing.

jasonmark1993

Banned
I will stay out if this except to say Wurd, good on you for your honesty. Most people on either side would rather ignore or hide than to post anything that might give the other side ground to stand on. You've always been a respectable guy in my book, just different beliefs.

Second. Jasonmark, nothing hurts me more than to see or hear about a child suffering. We all deal with horrible tragedies in our lives, some worse than others, but children simply don't deserve it for they are truly innocent. Continue to stand strong with your wife, and I too will stand in prayer for your daughter's health and healing.

copy that on both.

Thanks for the thoughts

This has been a refreshing SVT thread.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

He was mocking the study and you didn't get that? That should not have gone so far above your head.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Another interesting thing is, the most religious state in the US by percentage is also one of the least educated [by percentage of HS and College graduates]: Mississippi. In the meantime, two of the least religious states in the US, Vermont and New Hampshire, count as the two highest-educated states in the US.

Because you don't need schooling, science or any fancy works of man when you got all your answers in the Lord. Question nothing, and just keep quoting "his" book.

:lol:

Last edited:

o2k

Noob
Established Member
Ya, I hear it EVERYDAY. God has a plan. Whats the plan for my daughter? Another infection at the hole in her stomach where her feeding tube is. Muscle spasms so bad that she gets bruises on her arms and legs. Scratches on her face because she cant control her arms. A bloody mouth everyday because she grinds her teeth and bites her tongue. Oh ya, and now the ********** principal says we can be charged criminally if she misses any more school days. She runs a 101.5 fever 3-4 days a week and vomiting daily isn't out of the ordinary. My favorite thing God does is make me have to hold my daughter down while some doctor gasses her so they can do spinal taps and MRIs.

But when people say that I just say "ya, thanks for your blessing and prayers".

Sorry, ranting. Cant talk to people about how I feel in person.

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter.. I can't imagine what this must be like...

slidai

Established Member
If a person believes they have someone helping them, in this case, god, then obviously they are going to respond better. That's like saying if someone has a strong family that's supportive and loves them, they reapond better then someone who has nobody. Well no ****ing shit caption obvious.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Dear fellow believers, you may find this of interest:

April 25, 2013Faith in God Positively Influences Treatment for Individuals With Psychiatric Illness

:bash:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/health/31pray.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Here is a 10 year long study on the effectiveness of prayer for recovery of medical patients. So gawd works but prayer doesn't. A bit confusing. Maybe the gawd knew they did not want to get better and just wanted to tempt him?

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/health/31pray.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
He was mocking the study and you didn't get that? That should not have gone so far above your head.

I guess it did lol. I skimmed over it and saw nothing to really comment on so I let it go. If he was mocking then so be it. He's still an alright dude in my book regardless.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I guess it did lol. I skimmed over it and saw nothing to really comment on so I let it go. If he was mocking then so be it. He's still an alright dude in my book regardless.

He is sneaky clever like that. Gotta put him on the smart-ass watch list!

Users who are viewing this thread