Faith in God Positively Influences Psychiatric Illness Treatment

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Dear fellow believers, you may find this of interest:

April 25, 2013Faith in God Positively Influences Treatment for Individuals With Psychiatric Illness

Belief in God may significantly improve the outcome of those receiving short-term treatment for psychiatric illness, according to a recent study conducted by McLean Hospital investigators.

In the study, published in the current issue of Journal of Affective Disorders, David H. Rosmarin, PhD, McLean Hospital clinician and instructor in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School, examined individuals at the Behavioral Health Partial Hospital program at McLean in an effort to investigate the relationship between patients' level of belief in God, expectations for treatment and actual treatment outcomes.

In your face atheists!

:bash:

raustin0017

Established Member
My faith in God has Postivitely Influnced EVERYTHING in my life. This world is tough....don't understand how someone can get along without faith in God.

Draiter

Established Member
Belief in God may significantly improve the outcome of those receiving short-term treatment for psychiatric illness, according to a recent study conducted by McLean Hospital investigators.

You really need to read before posting... correlation does not imply causation...

"Although the study found an association between belief in God and increased response to psychiatric treatment, it did not prove a cause-and-effect relationship."

7.62x51

Established Member
My faith in God has Postivitely Influnced EVERYTHING in my life. This world is tough....don't understand how someone can get along without faith in God.

Seriously. And then to find out first hand that we are capable of such more with God in our life then without. I have been blessed in very big ways, far above anything I could have attained on my own.

I have done and achieved things in my life that are far beyond my capability. And I've learned that the more thankful I am to Jesus, the more blessings He pours out to my wife and I. It is very humbling to be given so much.

It's not because of anything I have done, or who I am. It's because the God I serve is so ridiculously lavish and full of unconditional love. We just have to let Him love us, and most people sadly will not allow it.

Draiter

Established Member
Seriously. And then to find out first hand that we are capable of such more with God in our life then without. I have been blessed in very big ways, far above anything I could have attained on my own.

I have done and achieved things in my life that are far beyond my capability. And I've learned that the more thankful I am to Jesus, the more blessings He pours out to my wife and I. It is very humbling to be given so much.

It's not because of anything I have done, or who I am. It's because the God I serve is so ridiculously lavish and full of unconditional love. We just have to let Him love us, and most people sadly will not allow it.

That's awesome for you... Me personally, I don't need to buy into a delusion in order to achieve great things...

7.62x51

Established Member
I'm confused. If YOU weren't capable....How did YOU do them?

Have a little faith in yourself also brother!

Thanks, but I just get in the way. :beer:

This life is a constant battle of denying ourselves and letting Him work through us.

Kevins89notch

Established Member

I'm not anti-religion at all but I can't comprehend how someone can only get along with faith in god.. Determination, hard work, focus, persistence, etc are all what gets most people along. You gotta have faith in yourself first. When you're overloaded at work and having a bad day, simply saying the words, "oh lord help me through this." doesn't do anything. As I said, determination, hard work, focus, persistence, etc are what actually get work done.

To each their own though. Whatever gets you through the day is all that counts for you.

Draiter

Established Member
Thanks, but I just get in the way. :beer:

This life is a constant battle of denying ourselves and letting Him work through us.

So if you let him work through you, and He is doing it, then you still aren't capable since He's the one doing it for you?

Interesting....

jasonmark1993

Banned
I believe in God. Im no atheist.

I believe he has done nothing to help my daughter with a progressive degenerative neurological disease that millions of insurance dollars cant seem to solve. That since her first birthday, her MRIs get progressively worse and has left her unable to eat, talk, sit, hold still, or sleep for more than two hours without having to be held while she cries in pain. Prognosis=sorry and maybe a few more years.

He sure didn't do much for all the other little kids I saw die when we are in the hospital for months at a time. I actually consider my daughter lucky when I see how bad some kids have it.

Maybe God was playing PS3 when those **** bags blew up that little kid at the marathon. I believe he lets all kinds of bad shit happen to totally innocent little kids that have never done anything wrong.

If believing in God helps you, good. I'm happy that it helps you. But don't bash people that don't run around thanking God for everything.

My wife believes God is going to save our daughter and I encourage her to. I on the other hand use God as someone to blame for the problems. During the first couple of years, my wife and I tended to blame one another leading to resentment. So, you are right, God helps.

I, like many others, get by on guts and perseverance.

I also find that people that thank God for everything are having a pretty easy go at things and the chips are falling just right.

Last edited:

Draiter

Established Member

I believe he has done nothing to help my daughter with a progressive degenerative neurological disease that millions of insurance dollars cant seem to solve. That since her first birthday, her MRIs get progressively worse and has left her unable to eat, talk, sit, hold still, or sleep for more than two hours without having to be held while she cries in pain. Prognosis=sorry and maybe a few more years.

He sure didn't do much for all the other little kids I saw die when we are in the hospital for months at a time. I actually consider my daughter lucky when I see how bad some kids have it.

Maybe God was playing PS3 when those **** bags blew up that little kid at the marathon. I believe he lets all kinds of bad shit happen to totally innocent little kids that have never done anything wrong.

If believing in God helps you, good. I'm happy that it helps you. But don't bash people that don't run around thanking God for everything.

My wife believes God is going to save our daughter and I encourage her to. I on the other hand use God as someone to blame for the problems. During the first couple of years, my wife and I tended to blame one another leading to resentment. So, you are right, God helps.

I also find that people that thank God for everything are having a pretty easy go at things and the chips are falling just right.

This...

But you know the bible thumpers will say "God works in mysterious ways."

:bs:

Coiled03

Established Member

Atheist here.

I have no comment on the OP. I'm just commenting on your post to say I hope things work out for the best for you. I can't fathom how other people with children deal with your kind of situation. It takes a strength I'm not sure I possess.

jasonmark1993

Banned
This...

But you know the bible thumpers will say "God works in mysterious ways."

:bs:

Ya, I hear it EVERYDAY. God has a plan. Whats the plan for my daughter? Another infection at the hole in her stomach where her feeding tube is. Muscle spasms so bad that she gets bruises on her arms and legs. Scratches on her face because she cant control her arms. A bloody mouth everyday because she grinds her teeth and bites her tongue. Oh ya, and now the ********** principal says we can be charged criminally if she misses any more school days. She runs a 101.5 fever 3-4 days a week and vomiting daily isn't out of the ordinary. My favorite thing God does is make me have to hold my daughter down while some doctor gasses her so they can do spinal taps and MRIs.

But when people say that I just say "ya, thanks for your blessing and prayers".

Sorry, ranting. Cant talk to people about how I feel in person.

jasonmark1993

Banned
Atheist here.

I have no comment on the OP. I'm just commenting on your post to say I hope things work out for the best for you. I can't fathom how other people with children deal with your kind of situation. It takes a strength I'm not sure I possess.

Thanks but I think most people have it. You just dont use it until you have to.

My wife is the real strong one. Shes been sleeping in the bed with her for the last five years.

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
The title should actually read "Faith in god positively requires psychiatric illness treatment"

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member

If you have a decently functioning brain the world isn't that tough. Don't believe in god, doing just fine.

Draiter

Established Member
Ya, I hear it EVERYDAY. God has a plan. Whats the plan for my daughter? Another infection at the hole in her stomach where her feeding tube is. Muscle spasms so bad that she gets bruises on her arms and legs. Scratches on her face because she cant control her arms. A bloody mouth everyday because she grinds her teeth and bites her tongue. Oh ya, and now the ********** principal says we can be charged criminally if she misses any more school days. She runs a 101.5 fever 3-4 days a week and vomiting daily isn't out of the ordinary. My favorite thing God does is make me have to hold my daughter down while some doctor gasses her so they can do spinal taps and MRIs.

But when people say that I just say "ya, thanks for your blessing and prayers".

Sorry, ranting. Cant talk to people about how I feel in person.

When my brother was murdered in '94 I got a lot of "God must have wanted him." "God had a plan for him." "Sorry for your loss, but God would not have taken him if He didn't have a reason." "God works in mysterious ways."

LOL... ohhhhhh Gezzz... I guess God's plan was to have some drug dealer put a gun to his head an pull the trigger while my brother and his partner were trying to arrest him.... Great effing plan you got there ohhhhhh, great creator....

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member

That has to be so tough, really makes you reconsider what your problems are when you hear stories like this.

Nothing is more disgusting, ignorant and unnecessary than some buffoon making some "god has a plan" comment to someone facing such circumstances. May luck eventually find those idiots in similar circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread