Established Member
Your friends sound like my family.

Sent from my XT1650 using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Real friends stab in the front!

IMG_6016.jpg

Zemedici

Established Member
Had the same situation occur.

Buddy I grew up with, literally grew up with moved to Florida, and i tried and tried and tried to stay in contact. Hell last year we went down and saw him, introduced him to my girl, everything.

Havent talked to him since I left. I've probably texted 10 times with no answer. So forget it.

Just live and learn, I guess..

Colubra

Carburized
Established Member
It happens man, like everyone else said priorities change. I think he could have handled it differently (talked to you) but don't let it bring you down. Cool down and think about if this is something you need to move on from or give another shot. I had a close friend get pissed off at me for moving down south to start a life (job and gf, now wife, lived there) because NY was too expensive. I was always the one to make the effort to visit and hang out, he never made an effort. After a few years of that I stopped trying and ended the friendship (after a few other things blew up). Needless to say I don't regret it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
People change. Priorities change. Relationships change. Sounds like this guy, for whatever reason, has altered his relationship with you. Could be a valid reason, could be for a selfish reason, could be intentional, or it could be unintentional. The fact that he's having a child in the near future likely is a partial reason for the relationship change. Just accept the fact that it's changed and move on. It happens. You don't have to hate the guy, just move move on with your own life and let him move on with his. Focus on other more positive things that will build you up and not break you down. JMO.

Sirraf

Established Member
I think you may have went a bit overboard honestly. Your friend is expecting a kid, looking for a place to stay, etc. Sounds like his plate is full. I guarantee his girl is giving him all sorts of grief as well. No woman wants to be homeless. I don't think he did anything that called for a complete break in the friendship. Just move on, and if he comes around again then cool. I understand how you would be upset since you guys were close, but you reacted very emotionally. Maybe take a while and let yourself cool off before reaching out again.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
He could just be embarrassed to be in the situation he's in right now. Having just been shacked up with you, moving back with parents, girlfriend pregnant, money problems obviously, maybe shit going wrong with work? And yes, i guarantee you his girl is giving him all types of shit daily. That situation would make me rip my hair out and turn to the bottle.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Now is the ultimate test. If he truly wants to be your friend then he will make an effort at some point. The more time that goes by with silence the clearer your answer will become.

There is a lot of man love in here. A bunch of guys giving another guy relationship advice about another guy.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Sometimes some of my best friends & I go weeks without talking. Not because we have any problems with each other, simply because life. When we do talk/get together, it's like we never missed a beat.

I don't think you are wrong, but maybe a little premature. I would have at least asked him what is up. We're all fighting battles the world knows nothing about.

As of right now, one of my best friends has just stopped answering me out of the blue. I see her posting on Facebook & shit, but won't return my calls or texts. I know I didn't do anything wrong so whatever. I don't have time for childish bs. I simply keep it movin'

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Appreciate all the advice fella's and ladies.

Yea.. lots of man love. But I'm the type to remember that if the lady friend up and quits on me one day, all my friends are still going to be there. So I try to maintain that.

But moving on, we talked some and I guess settled it a bit. He admitted to not keeping up with me (or anyone). I think she's bat shit crazy and won't let him loose to do much of anything. But even still, that never used to stop him.

I honestly think he's fighting to keep her, and moving out of my house was to save money. So I get that. But I've since seen him (while he was at work) as I had stopped by to pick up a part, and we were okay. Tried to get him to go out for a beer at the local dive bar and he wanted to but then reneged.

I'm sticking with y'alls advice and just letting it all go. If he reaches out and wants to hang out, then cool. If not.. well I guess it's time to move on.

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
I dunno man. People lives change. My best friend from school and adulthood barely talks to me anymore. We get together every once in a while now. Used to come over every week, drink beer, and watch football/racing etc. He's now married and I'm married, both with kids. It's just how life goes. My wife is the same way as you. She gets pissed if her friends don't talk to her for a month or so. Automatically she thinks theyre mad. The people you hang out with will change as you get older. I don't get mad at my lifelong friends for not seeing them or talking to them. Life happens. When I see them we catch up and bullshit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
This.
People change when life hits them in the face. Dudes got a kid on the way and no place to stay (that's his own). He probably felt that he wore out his welcome with you (suffice it to say it looks like he was right). Not going to lie, I probably would have been hurt too in your case, but some things you've gotta get over if you want to keep a long-term friendship, and a marriage for that matter.
Go grab a drink at Hooters or something with your bro and talk it out, because you're sounding like my wife when one of her friends shits on her.

Users who are viewing this thread