fair price for tint

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
What is the best kind/brand/maker of tint??? I gotta get mine done, but I want THE GOOD STUFF!!!!!

Last edited:

ccd_1606

Established Member
What is the best kind/brand/maker of tint??? I gotta get mine done, but I want THE GOOD STUFF!!!!!

We use Johnson window film and I really like it, haven't had any problems out of it. Some people will say 3M is the best, but I will stick by Johnson until they give me a reason not to.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm freaking out. you know how you're not supposed to roll the windows down with new tint??? well, the windows automatically go down and up when you open the doors. I've been entering / exiting from the trunk to keep the windows up but I have a gate guard in the morning at work. is this bad???

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
A lot of cars do it these days. You will be fine, most places heat the top layer a little more to help dry the edge the moves in and out of the seal when opening the door

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
And I hope your not serious about entering through the trunk

thanks. there was one water bubble at the bottom of the window I had to smooth out so yes, I've done the trunk thing twice. no one saw since I have a garage but I don't want to do this in public.

NoVA_Mike

Established Member
$150, across the Potomac at a ghetto shop near National Harbor. Took 40 minutes nice and dark. I went to a shop in Vienna VA... I asked for illegal percentage all around and the guy at the shop acted like I wanted heroin smeared on the windows. He actually said "No one gets it that dark any more. That's 90's!" He pointed to a Miata with a weak-ass 50% tint and said, "Get it like this."

I left.

I wouldn't pay more than $200 with taxes.

Last edited:

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I got mine done at Fresh Designs in Ellicott City

Also like charles stated SVTOrange on here is in the area and tints a lot of MACA's members cars

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
I'm freaking out. you know how you're not supposed to roll the windows down with new tint??? well, the windows automatically go down and up when you open the doors. I've been entering / exiting from the trunk to keep the windows up but I have a gate guard in the morning at work. is this bad???

VIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:lol:

NoVA_Mike

Established Member

You have to wait 48 hours right? You should be good on Monday. I let mine roll up and down I didn't have any issues. I also had my windows done when it was warm.

96svtdriver

Established Member
you might want to check on this. IIRC even out of state cars located in VA need a state inspection sticker and have to meet VA vehicle code.

you do what you feel you gotta do but I would not play around in NOVA.

VA state inspection with out of state tags is not necessary of you're military, but I was poking around the VA DMV website and didn't see anything about civilians needing to do this either.

Last edited:

thezfunk

Established Member
Here in Wisconsin I was quoted $230 and that was with a 20% discount. Needless to say, it still needs to be done.

alex3610

Established Member
va is a bunch of nazis about getting out of state plates to register in va. there's a website where you can narc on your neighbors. however, military can still do home of record and out of state plates don't get inspected. i would always do Florida but they jacked their fees up since the recession. I think you're right where a va popo can still **** with me though. heard the same thing from another cop.

This is because VA has personal property tax on cars, so there is lots of revenue to be lost when people don't register after moving here. PPT sucks :xpl:

Users who are viewing this thread