fair price for tint

BRNG ITT

Established Member
Quoted $355 for "premium" tinting here in Hawaii. :nonono:

ae8ce03a14664b6ed99986cc4dbeea7a_zpse93e3de7.jpg

Last edited:

ccd_1606

Established Member
We charge 180$ for a two door at my shop, but we are the only shop in town and we use a plotter to cut the film. I love the plotter because then I'm not cutting on someone's 40k+ car.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Some places will charge you more if you wanna go darker than legal too. Just depends on the shop and how dark you wanna go.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
not as much demand up here with only 4 hot months.

going 35% and will switch to Florida plates if anyone gives me grief.

Florida plates means cat deletes and tune. [hand wringing]
you might want to check on this. IIRC even out of state cars located in VA need a state inspection sticker and have to meet VA vehicle code.

you do what you feel you gotta do but I would not play around in NOVA.

willpower

Established Member
It depends on what type of film you get.

Johnson, Solarguard, 3M are 3 of the more used tints here in Southern Cali

I would say for a tint the price here would run 120-600$

I used to work for a tint shop , and unfortunately lots of times there are people that say they are selling 1 film , but actually install another.

I would make sure that they are an authorized dealer of the film you are looking for.

3M color stable is good but expensive, it runs around 300-350 installed here in LA.

You can tint your entire front windshield with a 70-90% tint for another 50-200$ depending on the type of tint you use.

As a side note, I had my windshield done for 180 with 3M crystalline and while it blocks a lot of heat, there are times I can see a reflection on the windshield that I think would not be there if the film were not installed.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
I got my windows tinted at NOVA Tint in Manassas, VA. It cost me 170 for all 4 sides and the rear window. Really happy with the quality of the work. The film comes with a nationwide lifetime warranty and the guy that did my install said that if there are any problems that come up due to bad installation he'd redo it for free.

thanks!!! I've got a quote for $190 from tint fx in Fairfax for their mid grade film but I plan to shop their price to nova tint. free wifi!

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
you might want to check on this. IIRC even out of state cars located in VA need a state inspection sticker and have to meet VA vehicle code.

you do what you feel you gotta do but I would not play around in NOVA.

va is a bunch of nazis about getting out of state plates to register in va. there's a website where you can narc on your neighbors. however, military can still do home of record and out of state plates don't get inspected. i would always do Florida but they jacked their fees up since the recession. I think you're right where a va popo can still **** with me though. heard the same thing from another cop.

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
I guess that's not too bad then, I had my g/f's Tiburon done for $180. Tint's still dark as the day he put it on, but I think the main problem with tint turning purple is using Ammonia-based window cleaner.

mrfiveoh

Established Member
in the process of shopping tint quotes in the dc area before the weather warms and business picks up.

what's a fair price for the 4 side and rear windows? I understand the front windshield strip is no longer kewl. $190?

I had mine done in capital heights md at reliable window tint (301)333-4873 (wale) pronounced Wa- Ley. Ive used him on over 6 cars in over 8 years. I got all my windows done including entire front window for $150.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
going to tint fx in Fairfax for $180. thanks for everyone's help. good lesson in competition - more equals lower prices.

powerhogger

Established Member
Paid 300 for ceramic tint. The ceramic is worth it. My leather interior is considerably cooler than the tinted, w/ cloth interior I had on my truck.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
I got my windows tinted at NOVA Tint in Manassas, VA. It cost me 170 for all 4 sides and the rear window. Really happy with the quality of the work. The film comes with a nationwide lifetime warranty and the guy that did my install said that if there are any problems that come up due to bad installation he'd redo it for free.

I shopped this price and they kept bitching about the nova owner. thanks. va has a form you fill out and get a nurse to sign saying you medically need 35% all around. I stuck a screwdriver in my eye on accident so I'm doing this. really like 35%.

a8a3e4ug.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread