Facebook users?

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
My wife entered our son into a local photo contest for the second year in a row. She's really into that type of thing. We got slaughtered in votes last year (my wife has mostly family on her Facebook and I don't have one at all). Most of these contests seem to be popularity driven. (whoever has the most facebook friends.)

I'm just trying to keep us from getting killed again this year, want to keep the wife happy, lol. So if you have time and don't mind, please click on the link and like the picture.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...5778873.1073741830.71122793872&type=1&theater

Much thanks! :beer:

Mods, apologies if this breaks any of the rules. I didn't see any that covered this. Please remove if necessary. I don't want to create waves. Thanks

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Thanks guys! We are still getting killed by a good margin, but at least we aren't in last place. Contest goes til next Saturday I believe so hopefully more people see this and take pity on my wife. lol

To add to this thread a little, anyone gotten past the first few posts that don't have Facebook? What is your reason? Personally I'm just stubborn and I refuse to conform to what everyone else is doing. When MySpace first came out I thought it was dumb so I didn't do anything with it, and then all my friends switched to Facebook and told me it was way better, but I didn't want any part of it. Now so many of my friends have it, it seems like I'm the only one that doesn't have it. Now I feel like I have to continue to hold out. Haha

Anyway, thanks again to those that participated.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Now so many of my friends have it, it seems like I'm the only one that doesn't have it. Now I feel like I have to continue to hold out. Haha

I don't get that. I have a friend without a FB reason and he uses about the same excuse. However, he checks on the status of his paint and engine work via two shop's FB account by using another friends account. Same guys loves checking out forums. I won't see him for 2 weeks and he's all, "Hey, check out this video of _________...." and I'm, "Yeah, I shared that on FB a week ago, that's how every one of our other friends saw it." Then he's shocked when he find out so and so broke up, so and so had a kid, and so and so got arrested for a DUI. Yeah, that's all on FB and over a week old. "I don't do Facebook" he says. Well, enjoy being the last to know everything and being left out of all sorts of funny jokes between friends, pictures, videos, etc.

In terms of the votes, without hitting up some vote trading sites, sorry, but you won't win. I've helped abuse a contest or two. The most frequent contests other people are begging for votes for, are cute kid contests.

Last edited:

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
I'm not one to complain about not knowing stuff. I'm not a drama oriented person so I usually couldn't care less what is on Facebook. I constantly hear about people getting mad at someone and deleting them from Facebook, or saying stupid things like, "I don't know how to go on.", when they are sad. Or changing their relationship status in hopes they get someone to ask about it. They are just looking for attention or net to get a rise out of people. It annoys me, so I stay away from it. My car forms are good enough for me and many times it is my wife that is telling me something she saw on Facebook that I already know.

And the only reason I'm on here "beggin for votes", is because I'm tired of hearing, "so-and-so has 150 votes and we only have 40." Just trying to make the Wife not feel so bad. I'm not here for winning votes, just to keep it closer so my wife doesn't feel like we were blown out of the water. So I appreciate the few extra votes I am able to get.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Tell your wife to Google "about.com vote request forum" and it should turn up. Hundreds of people in hundreds on contests. You vote for then and in return hope they vote for you. It does take some time though. Otherwise you can PayPal about $10 per 100 votes you want, and someone in India will get your votes within an hour.

...not that I know anything about the above methods. :)

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Update! Thanks to the help of many we are fighting between 2 other kids for first place. It's a close one! My wife just informed me that if we win we get the prints that was initially going to cost us $200 for free. That's money that gets to go to my racing budget for this season! Help a guy out please! lol

Also, thank you again for those that have already voted.

Users who are viewing this thread