F1A Cog Setup Started Today...

WDW MKR

Established Member
Do you have plans to eventually switch to a proper front-mount IC and ditch the factory 03/04 intake setup for the NA unit that better works with the centri? My apologies if you've already answered this.

SgtGreen

Established Member
not exactly a kit. the procharger comes with mounting hardware and everything needed for that but, as you can see alot of the cooling lines and tanks had to be moved along with the battery being moved to the rear.We had to make an overflow can for the radiator. We upgraded the heat exchanger to a fluidyne. I had to buy an accufab throttle body, sct mass air, 60 lbs injectors and a bunch of parts that would take 20min to type. i have some better pics ill get up later.

F8LBYTE 1

Established Member
Im about to run a f-2m with cog on my cobra it came from aaron archers car then to ben lee which it made 753hp and 1133lbs on 93 octane its on prochargers website black 99 cobra. i am worried about the 355 gearing, ben had 430s. anyone know about the gear if it will make about the same

WDW MKR

Established Member
F8LBYTE 1 said:
Im about to run a f-2m with cog on my cobra it came from aaron archers car then to ben lee which it made 753hp and 1133lbs on 93 octane its on prochargers website black 99 cobra. i am worried about the 355 gearing, ben had 430s. anyone know about the gear if it will make about the same

I remember that car. It was featured in a couple of mags, but not with those numbers.

Are you saying it make 1133 ft-lbs with the centri? That doesn't make any sense. Such a large hp/tq split looks like nitrous numbers. No way I can see that kind of torque on a 4.6L engine (yes, I see that it's a cleaned up 282cui) with pump fuel. Perhaps a loaded dyno with funky conversions or auto tranny? The dyno sheet is odd.

Last edited:

SgtGreen

Established Member
Thats what i built it for. I think Im gonna swap the t56 and put in a auto. just to make sure im on top of the competition.

SgtGreen

Established Member
We got the car strapped up to the dyno. We are getting the idle and air flow adjusted right now. As soon as I get some numbers up ill post them. Should be within the next hour or so.

SgtGreen

Established Member
yes, we had to place the blow off closer to the procharger and mount the MAF before the bend. What happened was the air was recirculating between the MAF sensor and throttle body so we were not able to get a correct idle. So we rewelded everything to be inline and that fixed the problem. Dyno numbers will have to wait until tommorrow.

F8LBYTE 1

Established Member
on prochargers website it gives numbers of the black cobra making that hp to torque number. there has been discussions about this before and the builder no limit race cars swore by the numbers

SgtGreen

Established Member
ill have to check prochargers site and see what it says. i haven't been there in awhile because the techs a procharger really dont know how to help when it comes to installation.

Wiseguy

Established Member
Yeah, that sob flows some air. Looks great and hope you are happy with the numbers. I will have some numbers and pic's soon.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
The F1A car I just finished had the maf mounted before the bend. We haven't tuned it yet though, so not sure how it's going to function.

Users who are viewing this thread