F1A Cog Setup Started Today...

SgtGreen

Established Member
F1A with a cog drive on a 03 Cobra. Does anyone know the HP and TRQ ratings on this setup and if anyone has this setup are you having any problems with it so I can kinda have a heads up and beat some problems before they arise. Thanks...

SgtGreen

Established Member
only problem that i've ran into so far is that its a very difficult install. almost everything in the front of the engine bay has to be removed and rerouted. It's very time consuming. Not a typical procharger install, but its not a typical procharger kit as they dont sell this setup as a kit.

JAILBAIT

Currently under pressure
Established Member
SgtGreen said:
only problem that i've ran into so far is that its a very difficult install. almost everything in the front of the engine bay has to be removed and rerouted. It's very time consuming. Not a typical procharger install, but its not a typical procharger kit as they dont sell this setup as a kit.

You are very correct. It is a kit that you really want to take your time with. I have done 2 of them and it still took me about 2 weeks straight to finalize everything. I just recommend taking it slow and not trying to get it done just to go race. You will be happy with the result by the way. BIG POWER AHEAD!!!

blownaltered

Established Member
there is a guy thats comes out to a meet in dallas that has a 04 cobra with a f1 with 18lbs running 618 rwhp. Not sure what his torque is.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Stock intake and intercooler, or did you upgrade to a front-mount air-to-air with an NA 4V intake? I've considered this so many times. Just can't bring myself to spend the time and money required to really make it work when the new twin screws are putting up such crazy track times.

SgtGreen

Established Member
Sorry guys im working on the pictures. Im running a cog setup so im not sure if the guy in Dallas is running one but 18lbs of boost and 614 hp seems low. I am upgrading to an LFP Heat exchanger. The kit came with a new intake from ATI. As far as the twin screws I wanted to try something different. I dont down the twin screws, Its just everyone runs them because they are alittle easier on the wallet and time. This kit is difficult but I think the outcome will be awesome. I should be able to finish it up this upcoming week and ill post pictures monday or tuesday.

SgtGreen

Established Member
Progress on the F1A Cog Setup...

cobraf1.gif

This is what I've been able to do so far. The stock blower has been removed along with the pully system and the procharger intake is on. All the brackets are in place and the F1A is mounted up along with the cog drive and belt. As you can see there is a clearence issue with the airfilter on the Blower. This is a race setup so you are supposed to cut the head light brace out and run a fiberglass front clip but this is a street car and I dont want to cut it up. So its a tight fit. I had the valve covers powder coated and I am still waiting on some more parts to come back in from the powder coat shop so I can finish this thing up. I am running 60lbs injectors. I have a Scal2 to tune it on. Ill throw it on the dyno and get it tuned and some numbers by next week. I installed a 26 spline input shaft and went with a Zoom stage 3 clutch. All the gauges are mounted up on the inside. I should be able to get this thing rapped up this week. Its been a learning process, but its a nice setup, should make some good numbers and be hard to beat on the street.

Whizzle

Established Member
Skoalman said:
Uh-oh, it's a cog system guys.

*Waiting for haters*.

Theres guys running low low 9's on 8 rib setups. Im not hating, ill just spend my money elsewhere:coolman:

SgtGreen

Established Member
it didnt cost me too much more to run the cog setup. I didnt want any belt slipping so i opted to go this route. You are right about guys ripping off low 9's with an 8 rib, but i wonder how many belts they rip up.

Whizzle

Established Member
SgtGreen said:
it didnt cost me too much more to run the cog setup. I didnt want any belt slipping so i opted to go this route. You are right about guys ripping off low 9's with an 8 rib, but i wonder how many belts they rip up.

The one person I know personally has a 347 LS transam. Hes gone 9.17 with a D1 and it was on his car over a year and he replaced the belt because he was switching to a F1. Hes had the new blower on his car for a couple of months and is still on the same belt.

9Sec03Cobra

Established Member
Last edited:

lilbuddy1587

Banned
SgtGreen said:
cobraf1.gif

This is what I've been able to do so far. The stock blower has been removed along with the pully system and the procharger intake is on. All the brackets are in place and the F1A is mounted up along with the cog drive and belt. As you can see there is a clearence issue with the airfilter on the Blower. This is a race setup so you are supposed to cut the head light brace out and run a fiberglass front clip but this is a street car and I dont want to cut it up. So its a tight fit. I had the valve covers powder coated and I am still waiting on some more parts to come back in from the powder coat shop so I can finish this thing up. I am running 60lbs injectors. I have a Scal2 to tune it on. Ill throw it on the dyno and get it tuned and some numbers by next week. I installed a 26 spline input shaft and went with a Zoom stage 3 clutch. All the gauges are mounted up on the inside. I should be able to get this thing rapped up this week. Its been a learning process, but its a nice setup, should make some good numbers and be hard to beat on the street.

I hope you plan on spinning to 7500 and have 4.30's at minimum. Sounds wicked bro!

stainless40cal

Established Member
SgtGreen said:
I have a 100 shot that i was planning on running through the cooler. Is this a good idea to help cool things down?

Should be good, what kind of octane we talking? If pump gas i wouldnt go above 125 shot unless running race gas.......

Users who are viewing this thread