F-35 Crash Video

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
TRILLIONS of $s are spent in "Defense Budgets'...

And I can watch better/clearer videos on America's Funniest Videos from RING Doorbells??!!

SMGDMFH!!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The ocean/sea was a smooth as glass. He came in low and clipped the deck. That happened at least once during my tour on the carrier I was assigned to, but the sea was rough with carrier movement side to side. This carrier didn't appear to be moving much at all.

A few times I used to stand on the fantail and film the planes landing. The landing deck was literally about 10 ft. over my head. Watch the planes approach from that vantage point was heart pounding. And fun!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The ocean/sea was a smooth as glass. He came in low and clipped the deck. That happened at least once during my tour on the carrier I was assigned to, but the sea was rough with carrier movement side to side. This carrier didn't appear to be moving much at all.

A few times I used to stand on the fantail and film the planes landing. The landing deck was literally about 10 ft. over my head. Watch the planes approach from that vantage point was heart pounding. And fun!

Which ships were you on Bob?

01yellercobra

Established Member

They haven't allowed that in a long time. When I was on the Connie the sponsons around the fan tail were secured during flight ops.

We never had one crash like that, but we did have one go over the side because the brakes failed.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Which ships were you on Bob?
I was only stationed on one ship. USS Kearsarge CVS-33. It was an anti-submarine carrier. We made multiple tours of duty in the Tonkin Gulf during the Viet Nam war. Then I was stationed for the rest of my enlistment with the Defense Intelligence Agency in Washington, DC (my office was in Arlington, VA).

CV-33-USS-Kearsarge-29.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They haven't allowed that in a long time. When I was on the Connie the sponsons around the fan tail were secured during flight ops.

We never had one crash like that, but we did have one go over the side because the brakes failed.
This was back in the late '60s. There were no restrictions while I was on board. I can, though, understand why they would be now.

Users who are viewing this thread