F-16 Sonic Boom Scramble

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
Presumably it was one of those horrible situations where a high-flying business jet develops a cabin leak at high altitude while on autopilot. Lack of oxygen puts everyone to sleep and the plane just flies on until it runs out of fuel.

Payne Stewart died in that type of crash back in 1999.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Presumably it was one of those horrible situations where a high-flying business jet develops a cabin leak at high altitude while on autopilot. Lack of oxygen puts everyone to sleep and the plane just flies on until it runs out of fuel.

Payne Stewart died in that type of crash back in 1999.

Dumb questions.

So if the plane is "smart" enough to autopilot, why is it not "smart" enough to know it depressurized and reduce altitude?

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I read that the plane contained the entire family of a "well known" Trump donor.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Dumb questions.

So if the plane is "smart" enough to autopilot, why is it not "smart" enough to know it depressurized and reduce altitude?

I heard today that this was an older plane that didn't have a lot of the newer equipment, but I don't know if that means it didn't have equipment like you are talking about.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I heard today that this was an older plane that didn't have a lot of the newer equipment, but I don't know if that means it didn't have equipment like you are talking about.
Descending automatically without clearance, pilot intervention could lead to a midair with other traffic. On commercial aircraft there is a cabin alt alarm, would imagine the same for most business jets as well. Possible the pilots thought it was erroneous and turned it off… we may never find out.

kaz109

Established Member
Deep State doing Deep State shit.
Sending a message...
A98239FC-30E4-4EAC-9446-5363C31F4567.gif

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
From Fox News article today.

"A pilot himself, John Rumpel told the newspaper that he had little information about what happened but suggested the plane could have lost pressurization, which led to the erratic flight path and crash. The Cessna Citation took off from Elizabethton, Tennessee, bound for Islip, New York, the Federal Aviation Administration said. The aircraft inexplicably turned around over Long Island and flew a direct path over Washington, D.C., before crashing in the sparsely populated town of Montebello, Virginia, around 3 p.m. Flight tracking sites showed the jet suffered a rapid spiraling descent, dropping at one point at a rate of more than 30,000 feet per minute before crashing in St. Mary’s Wilderness."

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I'll sleep good knowing we scrambled F16's on a civilian plane, but let a balloon travel across the United States and also let a Chi Com Ship impede one of our Fleet. What a joke.

Biden and Congress could have been in danger.

Users who are viewing this thread