Eye Contact

Can You Keep Eye Contact Through An Entire Conversation?

• Yes

Votes: 46 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

canibus

Established Member
So you mean eye contact during an entire conversation. Seems kinda creepy and difficult. I look at the person I am talking to in the eye, but not the entire time. I don't look at the ground or anything, but I do look around.

I guess I should've picked my words a bit better. lol. I meant to keep an acceptable amount of eye contact without completely losing it by the end of a conversation.

Eye-Contact-This-guy-is-fighting-a-battle-that-no-man-has-yet-to-win-meme-lol-funny-joke.jpg

Where have I seen that pic before? :rollseyes

61mmstang94

Established Member
it's funny you mention it, i had the same problem before i met my ex "that got away", and the night we met I didn't take my eyes off her the entire time.

I still miss that woman, she won't speak a word to me. :( She was the best thing that ever happened to me.

You sound kinda creepy, bro. I don't think it was the lack of eye contact that she left you over. Just sayin...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

Misquamarauder

Established Member
Yes, it's an important part of effective communications. Another trick I've learned, when you need to makes sure the person you are speaking with is paying attention is the following. "You have my full attention on this matter. Do I have yours?" Often times, just the first sentence is enough.

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Like everyone has already said, eye contact is very important. It conveys confidence and interest. It also allows you to gauge their interest. All very important things when picking up a woman, for example. But too much staring is awkward and creepy. You gotta look away sometimes to refresh your thoughts, relax and allow the other person to do the same.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
I cant I have bad ADD, i get called out on it all the time...

I feel akward looking to someones eyes, their head begins to get smaller on their body and their eyes begin to buldge out and i feel like their voice is getting squeaker and squeaker... and its hard to take them serious at that point, so i have to take breaks every once inawhile... not only that I start thinking of the voice and the sounds its making, and start thinking about how those words are really just vibrations going through the air, and some how my brain is trained into decyphering what they mean... pretty much I go on a crazy trip If i stare someone in the eyes... plus i get real involved in their eyeball movement, and the veins that go throughout, and start wondering... how the **** does that ball of jelly and tissue really work? And why are there capillaries in them?...

I seriously think I have a bad issue of paying attention... so instead I just look around and listen best I can taking glances every once inawhile....

Funny...ive never told anyone this except whoever reads this

Last edited:

Thump_rrr

Established Member
I'm of Greek heritage and most of my friends are either Greek or Italian.
Watching the hands is as important as looking someone in the eyes.

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
I cant I have bad ADD, i get called out on it all the time...

I feel akward looking to someones eyes, there head begins to get smaller on their body and there eyes begin to buldge out and i feel like there voice is getting squeaker and squeaker... and its hard to take them serious at that point, so i have to take breaks every once inawhile... not only that I start thinking of the voice and the sounds its making, and start thinking about how those words are really just vibrations going through the air, and some how my brain is trained into decyphering that they mean... pretty much I go on a crazy tripe If i stare someone in the eyes... plus i get real involved in their eyeball movement, and the veins that go throughout, and start wondering... how the **** does that ball of jelly and tissue really work? And why are their capillaries in them?...

I seriously think I have a bad issue of paying attention... so instead I just look around and listen best I can taking glances every once inawhile....

Funny...ive never told anyone this except whoever reads this

You sure you're not just on acid when this happens? :D

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
You sure you're not just on acid when this happens? :D

ha i would think so... I have strong suspension this lemonade from wendys had some, because my grammar was horrible in that last statment, I had to edit it...

Anyway, yea not sure why it is, ive had the problem, since I could remember

Krwy

Established Member
I'm terrible when it comes to eye contact, makes me feel weird. I went out with a girl Monday night and she was poking fun at me about it.

canibus

Established Member
ha i would think so... I have strong suspension this lemonade from wendys had some, because my grammar was horrible in that last statment, I had to edit it...

Anyway, yea not sure why it is, ive had the problem, since I could remember

you alright bro?

Never_Enough

Established Member
I always look someone in the eye when I speak to them if they are in front of me. It's rude & dishonest not to.

Jaysin

Established Member
and start wondering... how the **** does that ball of jelly and tissue really work? And why are there capillaries in them?...

:lol: I seriously laughed out loud at this for some reason, think it was the ball of jelly comment haha, good stuff.

I make it a point to make eye contact, unless I get disinterested in who is talking to me then I just zone them out.

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
An acid suspension in lemonade?

Exactly what I thought when I read that :lol: I was like damn, homeboy is brewing his own stuff and maybe put a little too much LSD and made a strong acid lemonade :D

I'm terrible when it comes to eye contact, makes me feel weird. I went out with a girl Monday night and she was poking fun at me about it.

Yup, exactly. Eye contact is always a big thing with women, especially on first dates.

you alright bro?

I think...wendy's made me a little tired...

:lol::lol::lol:

Go Down South

Established Member
That's what happens in the age of facebook where everyone communicates through text or social networks 80% of the time.

punchit

Established Member
I also think i make too much eye contact. I try not to be creepy about it but when we are talking they have my full attention. Sometimes its harder to look away than it is to just keep eye contact. Whats the deal?

Users who are viewing this thread