Extreme Speed Track Events 11-16-13

racebronco2

Established Member
I met some nice people as always. Another member was there in his stock Gt500, a guy with a really nice and fast 67 Camaro. I invited both these guys to post their video's in this thread. We'll see.

It's been a while since i posted any video's of me on track. I have only been on track twice in the past year. Most of the below video's are short and to the point.

I was running in the Advance group 3rd session i decided enough playing around and time to get my times down. The first video is me chasing down a Lamborghini. lambo vs cobra - YouTube

The next video is me getting some video of the beautiful 67 Camaro with a 377 n/a. I was really impressed with the car because most of the older Camaro's and even the new ones don't put down good lap times. This one did. 67 camaro vs cobra - YouTube

The last video only represents the closing speed of a high hp muscle car and some of the 4 cylinder cars out there. This is why i am a muscle car guy and won't buy a maita/3 series bmw etc.
closing rate - YouTube

racebronco2

Established Member
The day i went to the track it was really windy, it would upset the car slightly in some of the high speed turns.

racebronco2

Established Member
I would love to try road racing, hopefully i can catch one of the next few events.

In the beginner group there was a 2009 Gt500. He had a blast. His car was completely stock, he had a great time. I think the high point was when he passed the AMG CL63?

Last edited:

Deak

Wsir 11/16/13

[youtube_browser]rTG8vtD1EBE[/youtube_browser]

It was great to meet you Carlos.

Here's the view from the inside of the 67 Camaro. That was one of my best times for the weekend. I got down to a 1.42:0 but my tires started to cord and we had to call it a day. Hope to return and put the car into the 1.39s.

Deacon

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
Looks to be big willow, Carlos good to see you're out there still killing it :D. What times did you run all day?

My best timed laps were 1:38's. The conditions were not the best since there were strong gusts of wind most of the day. My best was 1:34.2 about a year ago.

makevelie187

Established Member
THat was the big track, that last sweeper turn is a blast, iv never seen so many wrecks in my life than on that turn.

have you been to buttonwillow? i like it better than willow springs.

racebronco2

Established Member
I am swapping out my springs for the roll runs this weekend. I noticed my swaybar end link is broken. That's why i felt like the car was leaning in the turns more than usual. I did checkout the car after the second run but didn't notice anything out of the norm. Looking from under the car the brake duct was blocking my view of the end link. On my third run i said screw it, it must be that i haven't been on track for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread