Exhaust drone - Mac MMS Mufflers

KKOSH

Established Member
Just bought these new for my 07 GT500 and they drone pretty bad up to 2100 rpm. Don't know what to do. I like the sound otherwise. I bought these because it seemed like they had good reviews. These replaced magnaflow muffler deletes that we're to loud/raspy for my tastes. The drone gives me a headache! Was thinking about the KR mufflers? Looks like I might be selling 2 pairs of mufflers. Is there any recommendations?

KKOSH

Established Member
[SUB]​I really like the sound but the drone is horrible. I don't really want to weld in reso's if just a new axle back would be better. Also considering Borla Tourings [/SUB]

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
The KR's sound really good. I had them w/ the stock headers initially and they had a nice deep rumble, I later added lt's and a high flow H pipe and they really sounded mean.

Nsssane1

Established Member
I just don't notice the drone, but I always have the windows down listening to the exhaust and blower and also the radio cranked up.

RLB01

Established Member
Go with KR's no drone. Want to kick it up a notch add a H pipe with KR's.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I'll second the motion on the KR/H pipe combination. I've run those two on my '09 for a few years now and have been very happy with it. Boss sidepipes have been the cherry on top.

Users who are viewing this thread