Excited to drive the mach... new suspension parts

bwahl602

Established Member
Just sharing a little work i did this weekend.. My mach has been riding like total crap.. likely due to the absolutely shot factory struts and shocks

the mach got brand new bilstein HDs at all 4 corners (my tokico factory struts would collapse with light pressure from one hand), a MM steering shaft, shorter sway bar endlinks, MM bumpsteer kit (properly adjusted), front and rear slotted/dimpled rotors from rotorpros and hawk pads. Also added some LED light strips to the trunk so that there is actually light when i open the trunk

front suspension now includes:
Bilstein struts
MM C/C plates
MM bumpsteer kit
Steeda Sport springs w/ isos
MM rack bushings
MM steering shaft
Braided lines
Slotted/dimpled rotors and HPS pads

Rear: Steeda springs, MM LCAs, Bilsteins

Just snapped a few pics with the cell phone
front1.jpg

New LED strips in the trunk. Much better
trunk.jpg

heres a pic of the car from last year
150wall.jpg

wednesday ill re-check the alignment and do my inspection.. after that its off to Barry Theal of Presidential Details for a professional paint work over

Bill

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Similar setup to mine. You'll be very happy. More pics once she's ready to roll!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great suspension upgrades. I like the slotted & dimpled rotors, too. Definitely post up a photo of your Mach after the paint is detailed. :)

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
looks great man. If you don't mind me asking, what did rotorpros charge you for the rotors? Just curious to see if their prices have gone up since I need to do my brakes

bwahl602

Established Member
damn hawk hps pads didnt come with anti-rattle clips for the rear brakes. After a trip to AutoZone I'll be finished.

I found out that my passenger front Wheel has a dent on the inside lip hopefully it balances. Stupid pot holes

I'm really expecting this thing to ride a lot better

bwahl602

Established Member
oh and as far as bumpsteer. I used maximum motorsports gauge it worked pretty well. I know that the factory control arm bushing mess with readings.

1st inch of bump has less than .004" on both sides. Both sides have less than .030 to max bump.

gabe1530

Banned
nice, i bet it feels much better. i pretty much did the same thing on mine except i didnt do new shocks.

Wilk95GT

Non-SVT Poster
Established Member
Very nice Mach!!!

I just did springs/rotors/pads on my 95' GT last week.... I need shocks/struts as well... but need to save up some $$$ first!

West Grove, eh? I'm in Landenberg....

bwahl602

Established Member
i actually live in landenberg, not west grove.. shoot me a PM

the wheels are 18x9/18x10 FR500s powder coated black

tires are 275/295 Nitto Invo's.. The best performance tires ive owned

And yes, 305 for 4 rotors and hawk HPS pads at all 4 corners to my door

PS.. i got the bilsteins from shox.com. best price by a mile and delivered here in two days

HoustonGT

Established Member
i actually live in landenberg, not west grove.. shoot me a PM

the wheels are 18x9/18x10 FR500s powder coated black

tires are 275/295 Nitto Invo's.. The best performance tires ive owned

And yes, 305 for 4 rotors and hawk HPS pads at all 4 corners to my door

PS.. i got the bilsteins from shox.com. best price by a mile and delivered here in two days

Thanks a lot for the info :beer:

I actually emailed them and got a response within 10 minutes...and that's on a Sunday. Got a great deal and will be placing a deal tomorrow morning for slotted/dimpled rotors and Hawk HPS pads.

bwahl602

Established Member
took it for a quick test drive.. what a difference in ride feel. (old struts clunked and banged over bumps). couldnt test handling because its got the stock wheels and bald/dry rotted tires on it for the alignment rack

car feels solid though... ill be really happy if it does what I want through the turns.. for some reason, the car just hasnt inspired confidence.. Im hoping this will help a lot

Users who are viewing this thread